• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kallis Vs Sobers

The better allrounder?

• Total voters

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Decent fielder? He's an immense fielder in the most important Test fielding position.

Best cricketer I've seen in my lifetime of following cricket; Pollock second and daylight third.
Sounds like something I would say, and all quite true.

11650 test runs @ 56.82 with 38 tons
269 test wickets @ 31.95 with the SR of 67.6
163 fantastic catches

This cant be a joke.

People usually dont put him in the category of Lara, Sachin, Ponting.
People usually consider him to be in the good players category along with Hayden, Dravid, Inzamam, Yousuf, Chanderpaul, Sangakkara, Jayawardene etc but the fact is that he surely deserves a place in 1st tier along with those 3 awesome batters.

You cant single out a player just cause his SR is below 50.

As a complete cricketer he surely sits next to Sir Garfield Sobers.
Not sure I agree with the bottom part, but the rest is true

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Completely agree with the bottom part, not sure the rest is true.
I know you love to troll, but if he does sit at the side of Sobers, that puts him top 3 or 4 cricketer of all time?

That would be interesting.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
He’s definitely somewhere 3-5 for me. (in tests)
I've said this before, but the combination of skills that Sobers, Kallis and Hammond possessed are for me, and possibly just me, way more valuable than other types of all rounders or cricketers in general.

ATG batsman
4th or 5th bowler
Elite slip fielder

Sobers just took it a step further being a top 4, top tier ATG batsman, the most versatile of bowlers and in addition to being a top tier slip fielder who also expanded his skill set to leg slip and short leg vs spin.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
I've said this before, but the combination of skills that Sobers, Kallis and Hammond possessed are for me, and possibly just me, way more valuable than other types of all rounders or cricketers in general.

ATG batsman
4th or 5th bowler
Elite slip fielder

Sobers just took it a step further being a top 4, top tier ATG batsman, the most versatile of bowlers and in addition to being a top tier slip fielder who also expanded his skill set to leg slip and short leg vs spin.
It's a shame he didn't develop good peak longevity, but Botham would be a bowling version of this with his fielding.