• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketer-Word (Phrase) Association-Cricketer

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I thought this to be a more interesting idea than the other thread with similar name that is running currently...

The idea is one poster names a cricketer...The next poster associates a word (or a phrase) with it, and then (unlike the other thread) names another cricketer who can be associated with the same word (phrase) .... Then the third poster associates a word (phrase) with the second cricketer and names another cricketer associated with that word (phrase) and the chain continues...

For example, Warne --- champion spinner, Murali --- SriLankan tricks, Mendis --- unbelievable performance in debut year, Hussey --- etc. etc. etc.

So, let me start the chain,

Sachin Tendulkar ---

Precambrian

Banned
I thought this to be a more interesting idea than the other thread with similar name that is running currently...

The idea is one poster names a cricketer...The next poster associates a word (or a phrase) with it, and then (unlike the other thread) names another cricketer who can be associated with the same word (phrase) .... Then the third poster associates a word (phrase) with the second cricketer and names another cricketer associated with that word (phrase) and the chain continues...

For example, Warne --- champion spinner, Murali --- SriLankan tricks, Mendis --- unbelievable performance in debut year, Hussey --- etc. etc. etc.

So, let me start the chain,

Sachin Tendulkar ---
Little Indian genius unparallelled in century making so far.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Could you please explain why you don't get my post?

All a poster will have to do is to relate the cricketer in the last post with a word (phrase) and then name another cricketer related to that word (phrase)...It's that simple.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could you please explain why you don't get my post?

All a poster will have to do is to relate the cricketer in the last post with a word (phrase) and then name another cricketer related to that word (phrase)...It's that simple.
No i meant Precambrian completely missed it. I'll go if you want.

Sachin Tendulkar

Run machine

Ricky Ponting

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dunno if Smith's ever been "chubby". At times he's looked like he's carrying a little too much weight but I don't think there's much chub involved; he's just a naturally huge man.
I don't really mean it in the mildly-fat sense, more in the rounded-face way.

Definite chub by my definition.