• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best partnership by brothers

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This ninth-wicket partnership today got me interested in the topic - what has been the biggest and/or the best partnership by two brothers?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Like alot of Aussies in particular I straight away thought of the Waugh's 231 partnership against West Indies where Steve Waugh hit his highest test score of 200.

They also shared in an unbeaten 464 run partnership in state cricket too, that would have been some partnership!

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
The Chappell brothers put in a handy effort in a Test in NZ in 1973/74, each of them scoring centuries in both innings. It was only in the first innings that their partnership was particularly big though - 264 IIRC.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely we first need to establish the best partnership by brothers today before moving onwards.

Chubb

International Regular
The Flowers hold the record. Their 269 v Pakistan to set up the first test win was brilliant. It started with Zimbabwe 42-3 and they were not parted for a day's play. Grant ground his way towards a double ton and Andy played the main role with 156 from 245 balls. You can't argue with that.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Any one got any ideas of future brother partnerships cropping up? Bravo's should be an exciting one...

kingkallis

International Coach
The Flowers hold the record. Their 269 v Pakistan to set up the first test win was brilliant. It started with Zimbabwe 42-3 and they were not parted for a day's play. Grant ground his way towards a double ton and Andy played the main role with 156 from 245 balls. You can't argue with that.
Gets my vote!

Grant scored a double [201] and Andy [150+] was superb against the Pakistan in 94/95

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember that massive FC partnership between the Waugh's.
Yeah, Lawson declared on them. Mark was happy coz there were races on he wanted to hear. Steve was filthy, swore at Lawson and said "**** you, we could have put on 600".
Nicely sums up the difference between them I guess.