• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***World Cup 2011 Qualifiers

Which 4 countries do you think will make the cut?

• Total voters

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
doesn't that start after the final?

Edit just looked it up:
first Delhi game is the 19th, the same day as the final...
last super eight game is on the 17th...

which means Nannes would have two days to travel to the Delhi Daredevils
The reason why he skipped the WCQ was to get himself fit for IPL with some rest. He had injury issues at the back end of the season for Victoria.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder what the county thing does for Seren Waters as he plays for Surrey. However Surrey are involved in a game as I type this. Also Waters father being a selector for Kenya (I think) makes his situation very interesting.
Waters isn't a 1st team player though, mainly just played 2nds. So Surrey would rather him play in South Africa then 2nds in England. The counties only really care about first team players.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
Good to see John Davison still in good form. Especially with that 131 he hammered. Hope he plays at the next world cup. It would be great to see.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Kenya did lose to the Dutch, giving them a 2-point disadvantage over Ireland. So even if they beat the Irish, it only means they draw level and any of Netherlands, Canada and UAE (unlikely) could join them on the same total of points.

I'd still favour Ireland for now..
Yeah im pretty convinced Ireland, Netherlands, Canada and Kenya will be the 4 qualifying teams if the group stage form is anything to go off.

I realise the Dutch are a very strong side, as are Canada buth the losses of RTD and Davison is a huge blow for both teams. More so for Canada though as the Dutch still have very class players in Zuiderent and Kervezee.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Waters isn't a 1st team player though, mainly just played 2nds. So Surrey would rather him play in South Africa then 2nds in England. The counties only really care about first team players.
Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up. Im not sure he is in Kenya's 'strongest xi' at the moment though.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Good to see John Davison still in good form. Especially with that 131 he hammered. Hope he plays at the next world cup. It would be great to see.
Yeah, he'll be hoping his team can stand up for the rest of the qulifiers now that he's out injured. Im pretty sure Canada will be strong enough to make it through without him.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
Yeah, he'll be hoping his team can stand up for the rest of the qulifiers now that he's out injured. Im pretty sure Canada will be strong enough to make it through without him.
Damn, didn't know that. Did he tear a hammy or something?

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Andruid/Chemosit, I'd like to see Kenya go in with an extra batsmen tonight, and utilise their spinners. Here's the team im keen to see them play

Ouma
Otieno
Waters
Obanda
Tikolo
Obuya
Odoyo
Kamande
Varaiya
Onyango
Ongondo

Thoughts? For some reason I think the Canadians are better players of pace then spin.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
What's the significance of the 9th place play-off? Is it simply to determine rankings?
Determines if they're in division 2 or 3 of World Cricket League.

Also, Obanda off the mark with a 6 for the 2nd consecutive match, and gets out 2 balls later... Needs to curb his aggression.

Last edited: