• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***World Cup 2011 Qualifiers

Which 4 countries do you think will make the cut?

• Total voters

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Just bumping this at the tournement gets closer. Hoping to see Kenya and Bermuda do well as they are the two associates I have been keeping a close eye on. Does anyone know why Seren Waters hasnt played any of the recent Kenya warm up matches?
I think he may have had commitments. I am wondering how Ragheb Aga has for no particular reason disappeared from the radar.:wacko:

Anyway tourney starts in a week and this thread has not been stickied:@

Steulen

International Regular
Strange Eastern Province side in that the two match winners are not Eastern Province players and not from Eastern Province.

Not good for the Irish, Morgan should help but their Mickey Mouse middle pacers could really struggle in the Republic.

Is Nannes playing for the Dutch?
No, Nannes will be playing IPL and is not available, I believe. Hopefully he will be there for the T20 WC.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
I think he may have had commitments. I am wondering how Ragheb Aga has for no particular reason disappeared from the radar.:wacko:

Anyway tourney starts in a week and this thread has not been stickied:@
Yeah Waters is touring with Surrey in the UAE, but should join the squad this week apparently.

I really have no idea what the Kenyan selection policy is, but with tournements this big, they should be going out of their way to put their very best team on the paddock. All the other associates go out of the way to get their players from abroad to represent them in these big tournements.

I think Kenya should be going out of their way to get players such as Tanmay Mishra, Ragheb Aga, Mohammed Sheikh even Abeed Janmohamed to represent them in these tournements.

Also, whatever happened to Alpesh Vadher? He had a fairly decent ODI record.

Also Andruid, do you know what happened to Jared Odhiambo and Timothy Muange?

And also, from the Sahara Leagues, would any of these players be deserved of a place in the squad

James Ngoche, Ken Migai, Shem Obado, Ramesh Mepani, Harish Vekaria, Kush Parmar, Ababu, Maina, A Bhudia, Maina?

I havent been able to track down any info on warm up matches for Kenya. Oh, and your thoughts on Kenya's new administration?

EDIT: On further research, I think Vadher has retired.

P.S I wonder if Jamie Dalrymple would ever consider playing for Kenya in the latter part of his career?

Last edited:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Looks like he bowled well, and Ten Doeschate had a blinder in the opposition. Netherlands looking strong for the qualifiers. Had another win last night, this time over Glamorgan.
Seriously the Dutch look much stronger & with RN ten Doeschate joining the squad they could be a tough challenge & might end up winning the tournament too...

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Seriously the Dutch look much stronger & with RN ten Doeschate joining the squad they could be a tough challenge & might end up winning the tournament too...
I think I originally had them in for the top 6, but now a top 4 is looking a likely prospect for them.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Waters is touring with Surrey in the UAE, but should join the squad this week apparently. ?
Tha'ts good news...

I really have no idea what the Kenyan selection policy is, but with tournements this big, they should be going out of their way to put their very best team on the paddock. All the other associates go out of the way to get their players from abroad to represent them in these big tournements.
I think there is still some element of ego regards to domestic cricket having the best players available hence the scouting for players abroad seems to be pretty much non-existent

I think Kenya should be going out of their way to get players such as Tanmay Mishra, Ragheb Aga, Mohammed Sheikh even Abeed Janmohamed to represent them in these tournements.
Mishra has apparently packed off for India, Sheikh was last heard of making a career inAussie grade cricket, and I never really rated janmohammed as more than a stop-gap.

Also, whatever happened to Alpesh Vadher? He had a fairly decent ODI record.

Also Andruid, do you know what happened to Jared Odhiambo and Timothy Muange?

And also, from the Sahara Leagues, would any of these players be deserved of a place in the squad

James Ngoche, Ken Migai, Shem Obado, Ramesh Mepani, Harish Vekaria, Kush Parmar, Ababu, Maina, A Bhudia, Maina?

I havent been able to track down any info on warm up matches for Kenya. Oh, and your thoughts on Kenya's new administration?

EDIT: On further research, I think Vadher has retired.

P.S I wonder if Jamie Dalrymple would ever consider playing for Kenya in the latter part of his career?
James Ngoche, Ken Migai, Shem Obado, Ramesh Mepani, Harish Vekaria, Kush Parmar, Ababu, Maina, A Bhudia, Maina

All playing club cricket (Either in Nairobi or Mombasa) and the selectors do not seem to think any of them made the grade. It seems that CK has abandoned the Sahara leagues.
I am highly doubtful that either Jared odhiambo or Tim Muange are playing any cricket at all.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Tha'ts good news...

I think there is still some element of ego regards to domestic cricket having the best players available hence the scouting for players abroad seems to be pretty much non-existent

Mishra has apparently packed off for India, Sheikh was last heard of making a career inAussie grade cricket, and I never really rated janmohammed as more than a stop-gap.

James Ngoche, Ken Migai, Shem Obado, Ramesh Mepani, Harish Vekaria, Kush Parmar, Ababu, Maina, A Bhudia, Maina

All playing club cricket (Either in Nairobi or Mombasa) and the selectors do not seem to think any of them made the grade. It seems that CK has abandoned the Sahara leagues.
I am highly doubtful that either Jared odhiambo or Tim Muange are playing any cricket at all.

Well they do have the new infrastructure sorted now, so hopefully that can ressurect domestic cricket in Kenya. You are right with Sheikh, he plays B grade in the Adelaide domestic comp and once got right up as high as the South Australian 2nd XI. He seems to perform quite well with bat and ball, but these levels of cricket would be much higher than the Kenyan domestic comp.

From the squad in Sth Africa, I would play this XI

Waters
Otieno
Obanda
Tikolo
C.Obuya
M.Ouma
T.Odoyo
J.Kamande
H.Varaiya
P.Ongondo
E.Otieno

With the bowling like this

P.Ongondo (10)
T.Odoyo (10)
E.Otieno (10)
H.Varaiya (10)
S.Tikolo (5)
J.Kamande (5)

I think Collins Obuya has come along way as a batsmen so pushed him to 5.

Kenya really need to have the Elite League in place. They need to match the professionalism of Namibian and Dutch crickrt, look at the improvements of those two.

Also, good win for Scotland this week as well.

Steulen

International Regular
Another good win for the Dutch, easing home against Western Province with 15 overs to spare. Tom de Grooth opened and made 66*, Mohammad Kashif (4/34) and Ed Schiferli (3/41) the pick of the bowlers.

Now let's just hope they can carry on when it really counts.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Western Province Cricket Club Stools...

will play a stronger WP team in two days..

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Next up is WP Amateurs...is that stronger than WPCC? Neither of the two is the FC franchise, right?
No. The franchise is the Cobras (amalgamation of Western Province and Boland cricket). The side the Dutch played was a very weak Western Province side, half of the side I have never heard of and most of them don't play for WP in provincial cricket. The Dutch will need a better work out then that.

Kenya lost to a side which had a number of franchise cricketers in it, so it isn't all bad.

Scotland played complete nobodies (university students) whilst Ireland lost to be a bunch of kids put together at the last moment.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Really bad for Kenya. They lost to a B side? Hope things imp here after. Interesting match tomorrow as Ireland play Zimbabwe A which defeated Namibia & Canada. Looks like Zimbabwe getting back on track...
A B side of the best first class franchise in South African cricket. Kenya lost to a ‘strong’ side and at least played opposition where the cricketers (some) are professional.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
A B side of the best first class franchise in South African cricket. Kenya lost to a ‘strong’ side and at least played opposition where the cricketers (some) are professional.
Is there a scorecard showing the make-up of this 'B' team?

Steulen

International Regular
No. The franchise is the Cobras (amalgamation of Western Province and Boland cricket). The side the Dutch played was a very weak Western Province side, half of the side I have never heard of and most of them don't play for WP in provincial cricket. The Dutch will need a better work out then that.

Kenya lost to a side which had a number of franchise cricketers in it, so it isn't all bad.

Scotland played complete nobodies (university students) whilst Ireland lost to be a bunch of kids put together at the last moment.
TBF, that should put the Saffie sides on a par with *most* of the opposition in the actual Qualifiers.