• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Ozias Bvute Interview

Chubb

International Regular
I have read several times that Ozias Bvute in person is a very charming and articulate man, and this seems to be an example. We will never know exactly what went on in 2004-05 and how the board operates at the moment, but he deserves a chance to defend himself. But why did he say cricket only integrated in 2001? That seems quite bizarre because several black players had been tried out before then, some successfully and others not so much, and it was only about 2001 that the youngsters who had been introduced to cricket pre and post-1992 came onto the scene in big numbers, which was natural and inevitable and had never been disputed by the cricket community. It struck me as odd. Actually, it strikes me as attempting to paint the whites as racists. It is something he likes doing.