Just for Fun: Worst Test "Draft"
In the theme of the recent spate of threads for "Drafting" teams together from throughout the ages of cricket, here's another one - but mainly for fun
Basically there are a few rules:
1. You must select players for their role - i.e. you can't select a real #11 batsman to open your batting. You must select players who played that role for their team. This is an absolutely key rule.
2. The player must have debuted after the 2nd World War.
3. The player selected must have played more than 6 test matches for his team.
4. No more than 3 players from any one country.
5. You can only select players from the "Big 8" test playing nations - i.e. no Bangladeshis or Zimbabwean test caps will be recognised (Zimbabweans who played for South Africa or Bangladeshis who played for Pakistan will be eligible, however)
I think maybe 10 committed drafters can take part in this one. Should be a bit of fun looking back over the records of some truly average players.
EDIT: Don't neglect the key skills of Captaincy and Fielding. Your team should be equally inept at all facets of the game.