• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Just for Fun: Worst Test "Draft"

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jack Crapp for my next pick his name should be good for publicity
He has a disappointingly high batting average (29.00) and according to his cricinfo biography, he had 'sound' technique and was an 'excellent' first slip.

It would be a shame if he took some stunning slip catches to cost you in the overall game. Still, no one should have any doubt in your aims with a player with the name 'Crapp' in your side.

Goughy up next.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I select, middle order plunderer, Bill Playle.

8 Tests and a batting average of 10.06 and zero wickets.

Team so far
Playle
Dawson
Salisbury

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I already have him Goughy.

Sorry that I misspelled his name, I have him as Bill Payle, not Playle.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I already have him Goughy.

Sorry that I misspelled his name, I have him as Bill Payle, not Playle.
Damn, thats why when I searched the thread nothing came up. I think you should forfeit a pick :)

Ok, Ill have wicketkeeper, Pubudu Dassanayake

A wicketkeeper batsman with a batting average of 13.06 in 11 Tests and batting that "fell below that of international standards"

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm going to be controversial here and plump for a pretty damn famous cricketer.

There aren't many poor players in Australian cricket history, but I remember this guy filling a gap for Australia in the 1980s in a similar way (although an obviously different bowling style) to Nathan Hauritz.

My next pick is Ray Bright.

1. Michael Papps
7. David Williams (wk)
8. Ray Bright

Code:
1.1 	Zinzan12		Blair Hartland
1.2 	Somerset		Asoka de Silva
1.3 	Michael777777		Grant Bradburn
1.4 	Goughy			Ian Salisbury
1.5 	Heef			Michael Papps
1.6 	Samuel Vimes		Don Kenyon
1.7 	Matt79			Jehan Mubarak
1.8 	NUFAN			Murray Chapple
1.9 	Steulen			Mohammad Sami
1.10 	Uppercut		Chris Cowdrey

2.10	Uppercut		Robbie Hart
2.9	Steulen			Kirtivardhan Azad
2.8	NUFAN			Bill Playle
2.7	Matt79
2.6	Samuel Vimes		Sameer Dighe
2.5	Heef			David Williams
2.4	Goughy			Richard Dawson
2.3	Michael777777		Brendon Bracewell
2.2	Somerset		Jayasinghrao Ghorpade
2.1	Zinzan12           Blair Pocock

3.1	Zinzan12
3.2	Somerset		David O'Sullivan
3.3	Michael 7s		Jack Crapp
3.4	Goughy			Pubudu Dassanayake
3.5	Heef			Ray Bright
3.6	Vimes
3.7	Matt79
3.8	NUFAN
3.9	Steulen
3.10	Uppercut

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Matt is meant to be up but given hes hardly shown any interest in this draft is he still taking part?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Chandu Sarwate
Looks a terrific first class cricketer, but he never got going in Tests.

9 matches, with a highest score of 37 - average 13 and 3 wickets for 374 average 124.66.

He'll be a terrific 5th bowling option for my side taking 0/217 from that position. Sarwate curiously batted in positions 2, 3, 6, 8, 10 in his career.

Steulen

International Regular
I'm waiting to see if England will break the record for number of byes conceded. If so, I'm drafting Matt Prior as my wicket keeper. Harsh on the man, decent bat and wickie but a record should be honoured. If they don't go beyond 69, I'll have to think of someone else. Bear with me, please. If you like, the next drafter can go before me.

Last edited:

Steulen

International Regular
Scratch that, I've decided to go for an opener...and he's not even a Kiwi..instead, it's Geoffrey Cook , England, who somehow managed a 66, thus lifting his career average to the dizzy heights of 15.62.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sylvester Joseph

5 tests in the Windies middle order, averaging 14.70. Averages 16 from his 13 ODIs too. He's one absolutely shocking player.

Me again, give me a while to think.