• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andrew Bichel Tribute Thread

howardj

International Coach
Andy has hung up the creams. The man was an absolute warhorse for Qld, however he came up just a little short in the international theatre. I always felt his trajectory was too flat to succeed on the big stage. But, hats off to Bich for a stellar career. The man did know how to mix a drink.

Highlight was surely the 2003 World Cup.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should always be remembered with gratitude by Aussie fans for his 03 World Cup. He was superb that tourney. Good luck to him, seems a great fella.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Played for Hampshire for a very brieft period, but in a time when overseas players can come and go from your county without making much of an impression I will always remember Bichel for the way he bowled in our C&G final againt Warwickshire. Considering he had only been with us for a few weeks the effort he put in was simply fantastic and his three wickets played an intergral part in winning our first trophy in over ten years.

morgieb

Yeah, the man was deffo tough. He probs should've retired a couple of years ago, and the injuries didn't help. End to a great career IMO.

Son Of Coco

I thought he'd died at first...I just read the update on the bushfires which I think put me in a morbid state of mind.

Probably deserves more credit than he gets, played some wonderful games for Australia (as someone has mentioned, World Cup 2003 the highlight). He's a Queenslander, but even so, I can't bring myself to dislike him too much. :happy:

I hope his post-cricket life is equally as successful, he's a tough character it seems so I'm sure it will be.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Along with Gillespie and Border, my favourite Australian cricketers ever.

Love you Bichs!

inbox24

International Debutant
Andy Bichel what a champ, played way less than he actually should have, definitely should have been in the 2005 Ashes.

We'll miss you gun bowler and handy batsman.

Definitely better than Johnson will ever be.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah.. no way would the Aussies have won that WC game against England but for Bichel (yes I remember Bevan)..

Got the best out of himself.. Well done and hope his life is all good post cricket..

stephen

Bichel's a legend of the game. Probably the unluckiest bowler ever with regards to Australian selection. Will always remember the heart he put into bowling for QLD and Australia. Loved watching him live, he adored the crowd and was loved by all.

He'll be missed, the Laidley Legend.

howardj

International Coach
Like Kasper, in the international realm, Bich suffered terribly at the hands of the evil NSW clique headed by Tubby Taylor in the mid to late 1990s. They even tried to sabotage Haydos' career, but he got the best of them! Sadly, Bich did not.

Tubby Taylor - smashing bloke, but geez he mistreated his Qlders.

Burgey

Like Kasper, in the international realm, Bich suffered terribly at the hands of the evil NSW clique headed by Tubby Taylor in the mid to late 1990s. They even tried to sabotage Haydos' career, but he got the best of them! Sadly, Bich did not.

Tubby Taylor - smashing bloke, but geez he mistreated his Qlders.
Bah!! Queenslanders are there to be treated poorly. Save some daylight FFS.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I always liked Bichel - his bowling action epitomised his desire to put everything into every ball and he had a touch of the Aussie Battler about him.