• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mystery Draft (ODI XI and Test XI, 79-09)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah from Athlai's message:
Basically all you have to do is make sure they debuted in 79 or after (I miss Imran ) and that you pick 3 of your nation, 1 from each top 7 and 1 from a minnow.
So Viv doesn't count.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Hmm, at least England has all of three decent ODI players, so I should be able to get at least a couple of them.

And the rest of you can fight over Ian Bell and Phil Tufnell

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
First eight picks itbt. The only thing Kiwis are good for are filling the gaps.
One way of looking at it...on the other hand you'd best hope that everyone else doesn't pick their New Zealanders before then or you'll get the 8th-10th best New Zealand players of the time period...theres a certain New Zealand batsman from the 80s and a recent bowler who I'd be keen to get if I had New Zealand as my base team...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Reckon it should be played at least once post 79, (1 Jan 1979 pres) rather than debuted.
Decided to bite the bullet and only do debuts to try keep few of the more obvious superstars out and make the competition a bit harder.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
one way of looking at it...on the other hand you'd best hope that everyone else doesn't pick their new zealanders before then or you'll get the 8th-10th best new zealand players of the time period...theres a certain new zealand batsman from the 80s and a recent bowler who i'd be keen to get if i had new zealand as my base team...
awta.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
One way of looking at it...on the other hand you'd best hope that everyone else doesn't pick their New Zealanders before then or you'll get the 8th-10th best New Zealand players of the time period...theres a certain New Zealand batsman from the 80s and a recent bowler who I'd be keen to get if I had New Zealand as my base team...
Got six players that might play both forms and a extra in either form. Not worried about the Kiwis. As if I don't get Crowe and Bond I'll back myself to get better non Kiwis as everyone else will be going to their country players and miss guns imo.

Athlai

Not Terrible
chaminda_00 - Muttiah Muralitharan
bagapath - Brian Lara
Somerset - Jacques Kallis
Michael - Sachin Tendulkar
Nufan - Kumar Sangakkara
Precambrian -
Matt79 -
Athlai -

Athlai -
Matt79 -
Precambrian -
NUFAN -
Michael -
Somerset -
bagapath -
chaminda_00

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Kumar Sangakarra Test and ODI.

I have 1 question for Athlai.

If I chose someone like Graeme Labrooy but decide I would like him just for ODI, can someone else chose him for Test?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Kumar Sangakarra Test and ODI.

I have 1 question for Athlai.

If I chose someone like Graeme Labrooy but decide I would like him just for ODI, can someone else chose him for Test?
Yes they can.

Precambrian

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I have a question. If I choice someone for ODIs. Can someone else pick up that player in Tests. Or is he finished in the draft.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Love the fact that Precam has Australia as his country. No idea who he'll pick really.