Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst performance by your Country in your time of watching cricket

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Look, a mate was leaving the club and told me we'd been rolled for 51m i told him to **** off, because h e was lying. What a disgarce. Feel emebrassed to ****.
    75 all out vs SA.

Haha, my flatmate who doesn't know a lot about cricket remarked when England were 4 down that it would be funny if England didn't make enough runs for the West Indies to bat again.

I told him there was no chance of that happening. Whoops.

Pinball Champion!
    The Johannesburg test v Aus where Donald broke down and they hit about 600 in a day.. I think it was in 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Us getting rolled by Bangladesh in 05 was pretty dire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    2001 Vs India 2nd Test

Great partnership, but the Aussies had no plan B. Even that was OK, but the batting in the 2nd innings was a disgrace at least 5 batsman through away their wickets
    You know it makes sense.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    In my time it would have been the mid-80s test at Perth when we were rolled by the Windies for 76 in an England-like performance. Other contenders would be Sydney 94 v SA and the Perth test v Windies in 92-93 when we rolled over in 3 days after losing in Adelaide by 1 run. AB got his first ever pair that test, Taylor was dropped for the game and we just didn't give a yelp.
    Last edited by Burgey; 08-02-2009 at 10:09 PM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    These two from the summer of pain back in 94/95 will always have a place in my cold, blackened shrivelled heart, as they permanently set me on a path of low expectations.

An absolute towelling by a Windies side already in decline. They could've whipped us with about 5 players on the field. As it was, not even the scorecard could truly do justice to just how abjectly we surrendered.

2nd TEST: New Zealand v West Indies at Wellington, 10-13 Feb 1995

We followed that by becoming the first country in the world to surrender first a test match and then a series to Sri Lanka, while playing at home. I know that by this stage the Lankans had the core of a very good side playing, but to be hammered in conditions that would've been so alien to a very young opposiiton side will forever remain a pathetic effort.

1st TEST: New Zealand v Sri Lanka at Napier, 11-15 Mar 1995
    Last edited by Bahnz; 08-02-2009 at 03:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    The Johannesburg test v Aus where Donald broke down and they hit about 600 in a day.. I think it was in 2004
    And then you woke up?

Can't really think of to many specific games.

The test series vs Aus in Aus in 2005. So many promising signs ... cant recall ever being so dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by langeveldt View Post
    the johannesburg test v aus where donald broke down and they hit about 600 in a day.. i think it was in 2004
    2002 g...

Bangladesh in 2005 & the 3rd day at Melbourne this season.
    There isn't a lot for Australia - we've been gun during my time as a cricket fan.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    India 1998 was full of pretty awful performances but Delhi 1996 was as abject a surrender as I've seen from an Aussie side. Nayan Mongia batted well but not 152 runs well.

Cricinfo - Only Test: India v Australia at Delhi, Oct 10-13, 1996
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    These two from the summer of pain back in 94/95 will always have a place in my cold, blackened shrivelled heart, as they permanently set me on a path of low expectations.

An absolute towelling by a Windies side already in decline. They could've whipped us with about 5 players on the field. As it was, not even the scorecard could truly do justice to just how abjectly we surrendered.

We followed that by becoming the first country in the world to surrender first a test match and then a series to Sri Lanka, while playing at home. I know that by this stage the Lankans had the core of a very good side playing, but to be hammered in conditions that would've been so alien to a very young opposiiton side will forever remain a pathetic effort.

Haha, despite being only 10 at the time I distinctly remember that Junior Murray century in the first one you mention. That was appalling! I think he scored virtually all his runs on the leg side.

The capitulation by our batsman from a winning position against England last year would surely rank up there for NZ.

I think the one that probably hurt the most was not a typical woeful batting performance, but one where we weren't far from winning. Our test team was the best it had been in a while, we were 1-0 up against SA and in line for a fantastic (and first against them?) series win. Could we close it out? No we couldn't.

3rd Test: New Zealand v South Africa at Wellington, 26-30 Mar 2004

International Debutant Evermind's Avatar
    Singapore has suffered several legendary (legendary for us, that is, though most opposition teams don't in fact remember the games at all) defeats, but the two worst were losing to an Australian rugby team - many of whom had never played cricket before - and an Indian high-school 2nd XI.
    Last edited by Evermind; 09-02-2009 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post

I've been thinking about this thread for the last few days (in amongst more important stuff!) and I keep coming back to the 94/95 season. The worst thing is it started off so promisingly on the tour of South Africa. Unbelievably, with Matthew Hart leading the way, we won the first of the three test series in South Africa then it all went horribly wrong. We lost our way in the next two tests; Fleming, Nash and Hart got done for smoking pot at Paarl, then once we got back to NZ the wheels well and truly came off. The worst thing of all was the fact it was our centenary season - the rare highlight in the second half of that season was that we made the final of our own centenary tournament. Throw in the debacle surrounding the drunk coach, Geoff Howarth, being replaced short-term by John Reid, and it was a shocking season.

Remarkable that Darrin Murray was pretty much our best batsman in both of those Tests.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information