• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Friday Night Speed Draft? - Need some VC4 help

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, I've got my net back, and I wonder if anyone would be interested in a quick draft, I was thinking Tests, 8 or 10 drafters, 10 minutes per pick, and then I'll sim a series tomorrow?

ozone

First Class Debutant
I'm up for it, assuming its just a straight forward test draft where you can pick players from any era. Haven't done a test one of these yet.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
There'll be some restrictions, to stop you picking guys who took their wickets at 12 a piece in the 1880s, but yeah.

ozone

First Class Debutant
There'll be some restrictions, to stop you picking guys who took their wickets at 12 a piece in the 1880s, but yeah.
Yea no probs, was thinking more of the draft that restricted it to pre-1970 players. Might I suggest 10 as being too many for a draft though?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Doh, just remembered that my VC4 creating spreadsheet was on my old computer. Will have to make a new one.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Assume this is for Tests?

Might need a wee bit of leeway, currently browsing without a mouse. Shouldn't be too hard, except when it comes to accessing Cricinfo.

edit: anyone know how to switch between tabs in Firefox using a keyboard?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Ctrl+Tab, isn't it? And you might be able to control your mouse with the keys, I do that at school sometimes.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee 0.488983448
ozone 0.300639054
Shaggy 0.920498101
Ging 0.342906966

So the order is:

Shaggy
Jamee
Ginger
ozone

And then we'll swap around for Round 2, etc.

Rules:

Must have played 20 Tests
Must have played at least one Test after World War One

Shaggy is up

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Going for a team of entertainers, a team that you'd pay top dollar to watch.

Shane Warne

Watching him in action was pure theatre.