• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Friday Night Speed Draft? - Need some VC4 help

ozone

First Class Debutant
Ozone XI
1. Jack Hobbs (ENG)
2. Graeme Smith (SA)
3. George Headley (WI)
4. Sachin Tendulkar (IND)
5. Allan Border (AUS)
6. Garry Sobers (WI)
7. Adam Gilchrist (AUS)
8. Shaun Pollock (SA)
9. Curtley Ambrose (WI)
10. Joel Garner (WI)
11. Jim Laker (ENG)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
My plan for the sim is:

Everyone plays everyone twice, 6 games each.

Then we have 3 game semis, and a 3 game final.

However, if you guys don't want the playoffs, we can make it just a league...

EDIT: And everyone needs a team name

ozone

First Class Debutant
My plan for the sim is:

Everyone plays everyone twice, 6 games each.

Then we have 3 game semis, and a 3 game final.

However, if you guys don't want the playoffs, we can make it just a league...

EDIT: And everyone needs a team name
That sounds cool to me, are we selecting a home ground?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
That sounds cool to me, are we selecting a home ground?
VC4 doesn't do real grounds - however you can make your ground, yes:

Every pitch has 3 values - Pace, Movement, and Turn. These equate to help for pace, help for medium and help for spin, respectively. 0 is no help, 10 is lots of help. Everyone can give the 3 values they want for their ground.

For example, 0-0-10 will give a bunsen, 10-10-0 will give a seamer's paradise, and 0-0-0 will give a flat deck.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Furball's Thespians.

1. Verinder Sehwag
2. Gordon Greenidge
3. Viv Richards
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Brian Lara
6. Greg Chappell
7. Andy Flower
8. Shane Warne
9. Michael Holding
10. Dennis Lillee
11. Waqar Younis

The team has a very modern feel to it, however I wanted to select a side that the public would pay to watch.

2 aggressive openers to set the tone from the get go, 2 domineering middle order bats in Richards and Pietersen to follow. Should they get going, it will be a spectacle to behold. Below them, I've gone for classy middle order bats.

In the bowling, picking up Shane Warne first was a no-brainer in terms of crowd entertainment, and I've gone for the hostility of Holding, the searing yorkers of Waqar, and the showmanship and all round ability of Lillee.

Ground wise, a pitch like Old Trafford transported into Eden Gardens would be the most appropriate.

Pitch: Pace 8 Movement 5 Turn 6.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Ozones XI
1. Jack Hobbs (ENG)
2. Graeme Smith (SA)
3. George Headley (WI)
4. Sachin Tendulkar (IND)
5. Allan Border (AUS) (captain)
6. Garry Sobers (WI)
7. Adam Gilchrist (AUS) (wicket-keeper)
8. Shaun Pollock (SA)
9. Curtley Ambrose (WI)
10. Joel Garner (WI)
11. Jim Laker (ENG)

Players from over 100 years of test cricket feature in my side, with the obvious strength being the middle order. Although not what I set out to do, I ended up only selecting one player from the sub-continent, a major influence in my pitch selection. Although I feel it is pretty much hit-and-miss with getting the numbers right, the fact that two of the other three sides have the biggest turners of the ball in history has meant I want to minimise spin at my home ground. Therefore I will go for Pace-7, Movement-6 and Turn-2.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Just noticed a mistake in my pitch settings, and can't edit posts in my mouseless state.

Pace and Turn are the wrong way round. Should be pace 6 movement 5 turn 8.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
This is embarrassing. I need to remove Tyson, as he has only played 17 tests.

I replace him with Allan Donald

pskov

International 12th Man
NO ONE CHOSE IMRAN KHAN?!?!?!? :laugh:

I'd have picked him in the first three rounds for sure.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Some amazing teams selected. Hard to pick the best. I like Furball calling entertainment and and then nailing it with his selections. Id pay to watch that XI but then Id pay to watch any of these teams.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Some really good teams here. I'd have Furballs at the top of the pile if it were any man other than Bradman at 3 in Shaggy's team, as he forms the definitive edge for what is already an excellent team.