• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Simon Katich gives Michael Clarke what he deserves

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Haha, what? Clarke is extremely unlikeable, no doubt. But this is making a mountain out of a molehill. 5 hours isn't enough to get a song sung?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, what? Clarke is extremely unlikeable, no doubt. But this is making a mountain out of a molehill. 5 hours isn't enough to get a song sung?
Nah look, if Hussey says something, you do it.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Prominent Australian player in 'hAted by non Aussie fan' shocker! :-O

I like Clarke. Seems like a nice enough guy. Oh but he once claimed a doubtful catch, must be de debil... 8-)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I like Clarke. Seems like a nice enough guy. Oh but he once claimed a doubtful catch, must be de debil... 8-)
Hey, hate is a strong word.

My love for Lee borders on bromosexual. I liked Martyn, Langer, and I like Clark. But Michael Clarke seems to be his biggest fan. Look at the $1million price tag he gave himself for the IPL auction.

Uppercut

Agree with this tbh. I almost like him purely as a result of all the OTT abuse that gets thrown at him.

PhoenixFire

International Coach

Since when did anyone say that that was the basis for disliking him? Sure he has done way more toolish things and generally acted like a **** for people to dislike him.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Hey, hate is a strong word.

My love for Lee borders on bromosexual. I liked Martyn, Langer, and I like Clark. But Michael Clarke seems to be his biggest fan. Look at the $1million price tag he gave himself for the IPL auction.
Given what others get paid, that's a realistic price tag.

Uppercut

He's done nothing though. He once claimed a grassed catch which could have been a genuine mistake. And that's it. Everything else is like, "i don't like his face for no reason" or "i wish i was in his girlfriend".

Matt79

Global Moderator
Since when did anyone say that that was the basis for disliking him? Sure he has done way more toolish things and generally acted like a **** for people to dislike him.
That's what always get cited. You got examples of this other crappy stuff he's meant to have done.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I bet the Australian U/19 team have more maturity than the Current Australian side. What a load of crap. No wonder Hayden didn't want to play anymore. I could imagine Katich would be scary character and Clarke constantly talking about himself would get a bit annoying.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Had Symonds?
Probably. Can't be bothered to check, but Symonds has two non-international T20 hundreds and 3 fifties. Surely his record wasn't anywhere near as bad as Clarke's is before he signed for the IPL. That said, I can't be bothered to check.

EDIT: Besides, using Symonds as an example isn't doing any favours in defending Clarke's character.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Symonds had for sure.

I don't think Clarke did anything too wrong,

He's played his Cricket for five days and enjoyed his mates company for 5 hours after the match having a few drinks then he'd look to his right and see Andrew McDonald and then to his left he saw Doug Bollinger wouldn't you want to be with Lara Bingle at 11 pm?