• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ultimate Test Draft

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Im not excited about this pick as Ive not got the balance right, but I pick Wasim Akram

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Im not excited about this pick as Ive not got the balance right, but I pick Wasim Akram
Amazed at you Goughy in that I always thought you rated his partner in crime much higher.

Nothing at all to do with me wanting Wasim, obviously. :ph34r:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Was hoping to get Akram so will have to settle for Steve Waugh (1985).

With Waugh at number six, Macartney opens the batting. Looks like I have my own set of three W's in the middle order. :p

??
C.Macartney
D.Bradman
D.Walters
F.Worrell
S.Waugh
??
R.Hadlee
??
F.Tyson
F.Spofforth

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Amazed at you Goughy in that I always thought you rated his partner in crime much higher.
I do but needed someone to shorten my tail.

Ill still end up with a very good team but it is looking like Ill have a C+ bowling attack, stupidly missed out on Hobbs and have no spinner. :@

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
I do but needed someone to shorten my tail.

Ill still end up with a very good team but it is looking like Ill have a C+ bowling attack, stupidly missed out on Hobbs and have no spinner. :@
Depends what you consider Barnes seeing as I've heard some reports suggesting that he was a leggie with a similar style to O'Reilly apart from lacking a googly

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
With apologies to Tharmi...

Waqar Younis (1989)

Going to suffer from the same problem as Goughy in that my tale will be longer than I'd like it to be.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Wow. The cupboard is pretty bare. My problems here are fitting in a relatively mediocre player into one of the pivotal slots I've got left. There's a couple of bowlers, but with the Pakistani pair and Curtly gone, I need to hope to snare one of the 90s guns to lead my attack. With Sachin and Waugh gone, all the batsmen left who debuted in the 80s are not good enough.

I've already screwed the pooch with this team, and ironically enough, my last bowler and my upper middle order are not parts of the team I can now afford to compromise on...

Sigh...
David Boon. Durable, tough, and good success everywhere, apart from in Pakistan presumably up against Waqar, Wasim and Imran, which is a hard ask for anyone.

Team so far:
Hutton
Lawry
Boon
-
Trumper
Faulkner
Imran
-
Tate
-
Adcock

Sorry I took so long...

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Was hoping to get Akram so will have to settle for Steve Waugh (1985).

With Waugh at number six, Macartney opens the batting. Looks like I have my own set of three W's in the middle order. :p

??
C.Macartney
D.Bradman
D.Walters
F.Worrell
S.Waugh
??
R.Hadlee
??
F.Tyson
F.Spofforth
Jeez mate, I hadn't been tracking your team closely - but with The Don and that bowling attack, plus the supporting cast you've built there, that team will take some beating.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Jeez mate, I hadn't been tracking your team closely - but with The Don and that bowling attack, plus the supporting cast you've built there, that team will take some beating.
I think its coming together nicely, though will still need a spinner of high enough quality, and ideally a wicket keeper who can bat - neither of which are certainties given my positions in the draft for the final few rounds.

Matt79

Global Moderator
So very nearly went for him, but I think I need someone with more wickets to their name and a bigger legacy, to lead my attack, given so far I've got Imran, and then Tate and Adcock. Quality selection though.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
So very nearly went for him, but I think I need someone with more wickets to their name and a bigger legacy, to lead my attack, given so far I've got Imran, and then Tate and Adcock. Quality selection though.
I love him tbh, I want his babies.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Bishop's a piece of bread, Sangakkara's a piece of bread, Tharmi is the world's happiest jam filling?