• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3 OR 1x2?

Tri-series or seperate

• Total voters

archie mac

International Coach
Which would you rather in the Aust. season, the tri-series that ran for 30 years, or the format this season, which saw Aust play two seperate ODI series against two different teams

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
not being an aussie, i love the tri series as we get to see matches between other teams as well. I find match 5 ODIs can lose their appeal pretty quickly.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As a cricket lover, the tri-series for me, as the more cricket the better imo.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The tri series was good because the game between the two visiting nations was played on the Tuesday generally so we got to see some mid-week cricket. With the tennis now finished and the cricket not on until friday it really doesn't feel like the summer of sport the television stations promised us.

inbox24

International Debutant
Definitely Tri Series. There's just too much wait between matches and that kind of kills a bit of the tension.

But cash is king, so moot point.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Tri series, but just 2 rounds followed by best of 3 finals. 3 or 4 rounds were overkill.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
5 and 5 for mine. At least we get two Australian games at the WACA this way. I would rather watch Australia play than other teams play each other on our soil to be honest.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
tri-series can be boring as hell if one of the teams is not as good as the other 2 and thats usually the case.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Agreed. I would hate to watch a NZ vs SA 3 match best of finals series this year for instance.
Hehe, funnily enough when there was 1 side that was far better than the other 2, nobody really complained that much. But I can certainly understand that situation.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seperate, and would prefer 2 x 3 matches series, as opposed to 5. Would be nice to see them split as well, perhaps 1 series at start of the summer, then the test series, and finishing off with the other OD series.

pup11

International Coach
Tri-series by a long stretch, but with so much cricket being played nowadays, i doubt it would be easy for CA to persuade two internationals teams to visit them at the same time every year, but if i am not wrong, isn't the tri-series gonna make a comeback somewhere around in 2010/11.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Be interesting to see what CA does. Was a lot easier to rest players in a tri-series format rather than with two best-of-five series'.