• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3 OR 1x2?

Tri-series or seperate

• Total voters

Precambrian

Banned
Tri Series involving two good teams. This one would have been a ripper considering SA, Aus and NZ are more or less on the same footing and would have ensured some quality cricket.

The only problem I see with tri series is that two teams can be horrible, and the lesser waste of the two somehow gets into the final and face the best team till then, and then lo, they hit a purple patch for two ODIs in a row and the trophy is in their pocket. Happened in 2007 CB series. More or less in the 2008 series also. A killjoy that.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Tri series only work if they are short tri series. The problem with Australia's one in the past was that the group stages were too long. Then you had another 3 match final series. It became overkill after a while, especially with Australia's dominance. Would be interesting now they have gone back to pack.

Though I do think the 3-match series are the way to go, but that wont happen.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Tri series only work if they are short tri series. The problem with Australia's one in the past was that the group stages were too long. Then you had another 3 match final series. It became overkill after a while, especially with Australia's dominance. Would be interesting now they have gone back to pack.
Yeah, but as soon as they got back to the pack i.e the last 2 Tri-series, the format got scratched. :@

All they needed to do was shorten it, and maybe get rid of the 2 or all of the finals.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but as soon as they got back to the pack i.e the last 2 Tri-series, the format got scratched. :@

All they needed to do was shorten it, and maybe get rid of the 2 or all of the finals.
It should be noted the main reason why it was scatched was that they were losing too money from the non Australia games. I think that the key issue that needs to be address before it comes back. Not the format.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
It should be noted the main reason why it was scatched was that they were losing too money from the non Australia games. I think that the key issue that needs to be address before it comes back. Not the format.
They can host those games in NZ, I'm sure we wouldn't mind. :cool:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seperate, and would prefer 2 x 3 matches series, as opposed to 5. Would be nice to see them split as well, perhaps 1 series at start of the summer, then the test series, and finishing off with the other OD series.
Would still like to see a 5 game ODI series. Would have been much better if the Kiwis played ODIs first up, then the test series, followed by a test series against S.A. and then ODIs against S.A. Would have been great, especially considering we're heading off to South Africa.

G.I.Joe

International Coach

They could always sim the non-Australia games instead of playing those. ^ Best of both worlds. :ph34r:

*no Daniel, I don't care how good a bowler you are. The sim only bowled you for 4 overs and there's nothing to be done about that*

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Preferred the tri-series and would like them to bring it back in England as well