• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib Akthar Vs Brett Lee

Who's the better bowler?

• Total voters

el bonehead

Cricket Spectator
For me Lee is by far the better bowler, he has a much more mechanical action which is very rhythmical, making it a better style, as it makes him a loss less erratic at time.

Lee also has a lot more wickets in both the test arena and in ODI's.

subshakerz

International Coach
For me Lee is by far the better bowler, he has a much more mechanical action which is very rhythmical, making it a better style, as it makes him a loss less erratic at time.

Lee also has a lot more wickets in both the test arena and in ODI's.
The only reason he has more wickets in test is that Australia plays much more and Lee doesn't get injured as much. For most of his career, Lee has been a major disappointment.

While I do not consider Shoaib as impressive as people suggest he is, he is still better than Lee when he plays tests.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well Lee was part of a much stronger team for most of his career to date, so he was less likely to produce solo match winning efforts as he was competing with McGrath and Warne and Gillespie to do so. I CBA at the moment but I bet if you went through the records you would find that Lee has made at least as many really strong contributions to wins as Akhtar has. He has been a big part of both of Australia's 16 match winning streaks.
Lee's peak came when McGrath, Warne and Gillespie were gone though right?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Second peak - he was fairly awesome when he first came into the team as well.
Lee's peak came when McGrath, Warne and Gillespie were gone though right?
And despite those two peaks he can't get his average anywhere near Shoaib's. I'm surprised some people are saying "it depends which Akhtar shows up". Brett Lee is about as inconsistent a bowler as has ever existed.

funnygirl

State Regular
What Lee should do in order to improve his statistcs is'' choose matches and number of overs to bowl''. Like for example he should play first test, utilise his maximum energy and take a bunch of wickets .Then he should get ''injured '' for the rest of the series.

He should never be bothered to complete a full series . If he is going to complete, he will lose his pace, energy and fitness . Gosh he has no brain, some one gotta tell that to him.

subshakerz

International Coach
And despite those two peaks he can't get his average anywhere near Shoaib's. I'm surprised some people are saying "it depends which Akhtar shows up". Brett Lee is about as inconsistent a bowler as has ever existed.
The majority of Lee's career (2000-2007), he was consistently mediocre.