• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

iamdavid

International Debutant
Just on Lee, does anyone really expect him to play another Test Match?
Yeah I think he'll regain his fitness, be hailed as a saviour and be rushed back in probably at the expense of someone younger and more deserving, bowl like he did against India and South Africa last summer and then be discarded for good.

Craig

World Traveller
So what happens if he comes back and bowls brilliantly?

I didn't see Johnson's innings, was it a case of him batting very well or SA just bowling pies at him (like bowling short and giving him width)?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So what happens if he comes back and bowls brilliantly?

I didn't see Johnson's innings, was it a case of him batting very well or SA just bowling pies at him (like bowling short and giving him width)?
He was basically a proper batsman out there, he was batting very patiently and really only cut loose once North had made his 100, was a really good knock.

DW guys, Duminy and DeVilliers will make merry in this pitch and ensure either a draw or a South African victory by challenging the Australians to bat again. They'll succumb to the pressure of setting a 2nd innings total.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Hilf ever had a pitch made for him it was this one, get him on an average deck and see how he does.
Whilst true, from what I saw, he was vaguely in the right areas for good bowling no matter the deck. But yeah, he needs some assistance to be really good.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
DW guys, Duminy and DeVilliers will make merry in this pitch and ensure either a draw or a South African victory by challenging the Australians to bat again. They'll succumb to the pressure of setting a 2nd innings total.
And of course, you know this is exactly what will happen, completely in opposition to the flow of the match.

howardj

International Coach
To all those who riduculed me for saying Hilfenhorse >>> Bollinger

Hang your heads and never show your faces on this forum again lol

pasag

RTDAS
To all those who riduculed me for saying Hilfenhorse >>> Bollinger

Hang your heads and never show your faces on this forum again lol
He's not better, maybe in these conditions which were helpful, but even so he's only got like one delivery and once the SA batsmen started leaving them alone he didn't take another wicket. Bowled very well with the outswinger though tbf, and if he had an inswinger he could have taken a 5fer last night.

howardj

International Coach
He's not better, maybe in these conditions which were helpful, but even so he's only got like one delivery and once the SA batsmen started leaving them alone he didn't take another wicket. Bowled very well with the outswinger though tbf, and if he had an inswinger he could have taken a 5fer last night.
He's not a spinner - what's the point in saying he only has one delivery? How many did McGrath have? These guys are not spinners; they don't need a suite of deliveries in their bag. Fact is, outswing is a much-lost art which troubles allcomers. Besides, it's not as though Bollinger has a variety of tools in his armoury.

pasag

RTDAS
He's not a spinner - what's the point in saying he only has one delivery? How many did McGrath have? These guys are not spinners; they don't need a suite of deliveries in their bag. Fact is, outswing is a much-lost art which troubles allcomers. Besides, it's not as though Bollinger has a variety of tools in his armoury.
Because a) when conditions aren't conducive to swing he's stuffed and b) as we saw last night, once the batsmen started leaving him, as beautiful as he was bowling, he didn't take another wicket.

jondavluc

State Regular
Still I think people have been too harsh on Hilfenhaus it's not like he is Daren Powell or something.:)

Anyways good couple of days for The Aussies.The South Africa team might win the series but at least we are giving them a fight that is all you can ask for.

Also 8-) to Mendis nuff said. I don't think anyone should make such bold statements.

Redbacks

International Captain
3rd day was when things went bad for Aus in Perth and Melbourne. We need to maintain our discipline and restrict the scoring rate as much as possible to buid pressure.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha McKenzie. Don't think he ever thinks he's out. Disadvantages his own side so much.

Meanwhile, Siddle is amazing. Love his appeals and celebrations.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Weird one, that. It looked a fine decision. I'd like to see hotspot just to confirm because MacKenzie seemed happy it hit the bat.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Damn.
plodder mac out.why did he refer that?that was plum.
gonna be a difficult day for us.
will ricky enforce IF...

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, what went on there? We got half a referral and not even a replay ourselves.

Edit: Well now we have, it would have had to have been not out anyway.

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
Haha, what went on there? We got half a referral and not even a replay ourselves.

Edit: Well now we have, it would have had to have been not out anyway.
Ponting did not make it clear enough that he wanted a review....
:laugh:
Bucknor said he dithered too long before decided he wanted it. Good show, Bucknor! Cut out this time wasting.
:)

shivfan

Banned
Actually, it now seems that Ponting made the 'time-out' signal, but at the time he made it, the umpires weren't looking at him!
:laugh:
Surely, it's in the fielding captain's interest to make sure that when he makes the sign, the umpires see him doing it....
:unsure: