• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Katto should've been facing. Not sure who's idea it was but maybe having 4-5 minutes off strike might've calmed Hughes down a tad. Poor shot but I don't blame him for it. As has been said before he'd have probably been ****ting bricks about it for a couple of days now.
Hughes said he wanted to face the first ball so Katman let him. Can see the logic in it but he shouldn't have been allowed.

tait express123

School Boy/Girl Captain
I thought Phil Hughes would have like to wait a bit longer before going at least not to face the South Africian Spearhead Dale Steyn.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Great day for Australia, only a few runs away from getting the par score on this wicket.

It was a fantastic opening spell of bowling from Steyn and some decent stuff from Morkel to Punter but Ntini looked very flat on a wicket which usually should be right up his street. Poor outing from Kallis as well, he must be due a big one with the bat...

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Thanks for the welcomes. Iv'e actually been stalking the boards for a while, reading the opinions of all on a game I love. Didn't bother signing up, cause I thought some of the banter was a bit too juvenille and the majority didn't actually know that fact isn't a synonym of opinion. However it appears that is actually not everyone and after all, I have stupid opinions that I can share as well.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Like everybody else I was very impressed with North yesterday, he really hit the ground running straight away and looked completely unflustered against some pretty handy bowling, he's got a very simple technique and knows his game very well, a very versatile player ....it's too early to judge after 90 odd balls of course, but I get the feeling him at number 6 may well become a permanent thing...

Hughes' dismissal was ugly as sin, however forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't that just the way he plays? Every time I've seen him bat he's unfurled an array of very ungainly looking yet effective shots off the back foot through the off-side, moving around heaps even as the bowler delivers and often with one foot in the air.....it's ugly to watch to be honest, but so far at FC level it's served him very well.
That said yesterday wasn't the first time I've seen him get out playing a shot like that either, can recall it happening in a couple of FR Cup games including one against Tasmania in Hobart (the one in which Warner made 94 at the other end).
Perhaps he needs to curve his instincts a little at test level...

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
With your name, can you please put an apostrophe in Trumper's.

Cheers.
actually thought the same when I first saw it on the board. Now I'm thinking maybe that would be being too anal. (not sure if this is even possible??) anyways I'll think about it for a while. cheers

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
80% chance of rain today, quarter of an inch expected. The Titans could only manage 30 odd overs yesterday playing down the road at Benoni, so the Wanderers has been lucky so far to avoid the deluge. The weekend is looking better and Monday should be good.