Page 63 of 380 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 945 of 5686

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in South Africa

  1. #931
    Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    5,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Considering he didn't score a ton in Aus, you get the feeling he'll fire this series. The Aussies should be pretty worried about him, I reckon.
    Typically wristy batsman of sub-continental descent, but also plays some beautiful punchy strokes through the off side and down the ground. His perceived weakness (England initially thought) was his ability to play the short ball, now he appears to have put the hook shot away and simply sways or ducks, thus eradicating any major problems he had with this type of delivery. He does excite me as a batsman.

  2. #932
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    England (support India)
    Posts
    1,404
    Is there any chance that Prince will be playing the 1st test (tomorrow/today depending where you are)? Betfair are offering odds on Amla vs Prince for the 1st test, bizarre n'est pas?

    Got some cash on Amla because assuming prince doesn't play he needs to score 1 run in the the test to win me 40. If Prince is playing then I just risked a lot more cash than I wanted to!

  3. #933
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,848
    If I had time off and didn't have a life, I could almost have 24 hours of non-stop cricket for the next four days.

    10am-5pm: Sheffield Shield at the Gabba
    6pm - 1am: South Africa v Australia
    1am - 8am: Windies v England.

  4. #934
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    England (support India)
    Posts
    1,404
    Go for it! Keep a video diary!


  5. #935
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,848
    Got to work mate, otherwise I'd give it a try for one day at least.

  6. #936
    State Vice-Captain popepouri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    1,135
    Tsotsobe is out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.

    Tsotsobe blow for SA - Keo.co.za

  7. #937
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    23,663
    Quote Originally Posted by oitoitoi View Post
    Is there any chance that Prince will be playing the 1st test (tomorrow/today depending where you are)? Betfair are offering odds on Amla vs Prince for the 1st test, bizarre n'est pas?

    Got some cash on Amla because assuming prince doesn't play he needs to score 1 run in the the test to win me 40. If Prince is playing then I just risked a lot more cash than I wanted to!
    Nah if one of them doesn't play the bet is void.

    That sounds useless, but it's not. It means you can go around every website on the internet raking in free bets with no risk to your pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

  8. #938
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    26,983
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    If I had time off and didn't have a life, I could almost have 24 hours of non-stop cricket for the next four days.

    10am-5pm: Sheffield Shield at the Gabba
    6pm - 1am: South Africa v Australia
    1am - 8am: Windies v England.
    Done it for the last four years tbh.
    Jesus saves

    proudly supporting Liverpool FC

  9. #939
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    England (support India)
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Nah if one of them doesn't play the bet is void.

    That sounds useless, but it's not. It means you can go around every website on the internet raking in free bets with no risk to your pocket.
    Um I'm confused, isn't that a contradiction? What would be the point?

  10. #940
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    23,663
    Quote Originally Posted by oitoitoi View Post
    Um I'm confused, isn't that a contradiction? What would be the point?
    Well, in order to get a free bet from a website when you sign up, you have to make a bet with your own money and they match it. So in theory, you put 25 on Liverpool beating Real Madrid, and they give your account a 25 free bet (with no returned stake) to use on whatever you want. So you get the free bet, but you're risking 25 of your own to get it.

    The trick is to put your own 25 on something that's guaranteed to be void, because if it is, you still get a free bet (to put on whatever you like) without risking your hard-earned cash. Or in my case, cash your university throws at you for no reason.

  11. #941
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    England (support India)
    Posts
    1,404
    Genius!

  12. #942
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    20,144
    Quote Originally Posted by popepouri View Post
    Tsotsobe is out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.

    Tsotsobe blow for SA - Keo.co.za
    Disappointing. Was hoping he could kick on from his experience in Australia in the ODIs at least.

  13. #943
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    England (support India)
    Posts
    1,404
    Not that suprising tbh, the guy is far too slight and consequently injury prone, he needs to put some serious time in at the gym.

  14. #944
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    26,983
    Genuinely believe Australia will win this series just for the record. Assuming we play North, the only other thing I'd change about the team is having Bracken in there.

    Can't wait.

  15. #945
    U19 12th Man HMas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Genuinely believe Australia will win this series just for the record. Assuming we play North, the only other thing I'd change about the team is having Bracken in there.

    Can't wait.
    do u seriously think that Aus are gonna win the series???



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pakistan Cricket news/views
    By Fusion in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 781
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 09:08 PM
  2. **Official** New Zealand in Australia
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 6541
    Last Post: 16-02-2009, 04:49 PM
  3. The Top 9 ODI Nations
    By Athlai in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 26-01-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. England axe Test for South Africa tour
    By biased indian in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 26-01-2009, 12:30 PM
  5. Can South Africa bounce back and win the ODI Series?
    By satheeshv37 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-01-2009, 04:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •