• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Langeveldt

Soutie
Nice crowd South Africa.

EDIT: A few more coming in now. Is it normally this empty?
Yeah, test cricket is never really supported in SA in terms of people actually going to the ground.. Most people stay at home or sit in bars and watch it. I've just spent 9 Aussie dollars on tickets for the entire weekend, and you don't have to pay anything to go to an FC game, it's not even worth paying the people at the turnstiles.. Watch out for full houses at all the Pro20's and ODI's though

pup11

International Coach
I am just wondering, had Bowden given that out, and had Ponting used the referral, would the 3rd umpire then overturned the onfield umpire' decision....??

Steulen

International Regular
What I found interesting was that we got the inconclusive front view three times and the view from behind which appeared to show an edge only once.

Langeveldt

Soutie
RE the crowd, it's up to 10,000 now, so thats not bad at all for test cricket, it's a very big stadium so the crowd does look thin

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What I found interesting was that we got the inconclusive front view three times and the view from behind which appeared to show an edge only once.
Yeah, I thought it looked out from the front view anyway. You couldn't see it hit the bat but there was a sudden deviation between passing/coming off the bat and hitting his thigh pad.

Irrelevant obviously, couldn't be sure so can't give it.

Precambrian

Banned
What is with Ponting? Is he programmed by destiny to make the first 100 of every ****ing series he plays? Anyway apart from a few glitches and the dropped catch, a very good innings so far.. :clap:

Briony

International Debutant
What is with Ponting? Is he programmed by destiny to make the first 100 of every ****ing series he plays? Anyway apart from a few glitches and the dropped catch, a very good innings so far.. :clap:
Well if the opposition keeps dropping him, he will. Can they 'hide' Smith somewhere else in the field?

Woodster

International Captain
Yeah, I thought it looked out from the front view anyway. You couldn't see it hit the bat but there was a sudden deviation between passing/coming off the bat and hitting his thigh pad.

Irrelevant obviously, couldn't be sure so can't give it.
Yes there could well have been a feint nick in there, but nothing conclusive, so the right decision was made.

Woodster

International Captain
Ponting has received a couple of beauties from Morkel, but nothing it seems is going to stop him from making a huge impact in this innings, even when he spoons one to the usually reliable Smith at slip! He has survived though and battled real hard, some of his strokeplay has been a joy to watch.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With all the drama surrounding Ponting, we seem to have missed how brilliantly Clarke has been playing. 50 up off 61 for him.

Briony

International Debutant
100 run partnership. Smith will be trying to dig a hole to hide in soon.
Is there one big enough to cover his bulk? If he wasn't fit he should have allowed Prince to play, Maybe he needed some time in four day cricket to get back into the swing of things.