• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah I imagine there will be some rain around..

Never seen such serious pessimism from the Aussies on here though, I guess not too used to being the underdog perhaps
I think it's more frustration than anything else. Most think (not all, but hey) they probably picked the right XII for the conditions, but not the right XI. Hughes falling early a big disappointment as well - he's a cracker, really.

Plus, we've got Nicholas on the TV here as well.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think it's more frustration than anything else. Most think (not all, but hey) they probably picked the right XII for the conditions, but not the right XI. Hughes falling early a big disappointment as well - he's a cracker, really.

Plus, we've got Nicholas on the TV here as well.
I'm so sorry, my thoughts go out to you during these difficult times.. **** Nicholas is such a ****

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hammer them? Are you joking? Are you forgetting thats the same side that put a whipping on the aussie boys the 2 tests before that? Also if Smith hadn't been crippled it would have been a draw. Unless this is a real greentop I can't see the Aussies taking 20 wickets.
A whipping? Are you joking? Are you forgetting SA were behind after the first innings on both occassions? If Bradman hadn't have died we would have won 3-0.

Burgey

Punter!! You beauty.

That was a great nut there from Steyn, and Ponting's response next ball - amazing cricket all round.

Uppercut

Series Result: 1-1
Top SA Runscorer: Smith
Top Aus Runscorer: Ponting
Top SA Wicket-taker: Ntini
Top Aus Wicket-taker: Siddle
Player of the Series: Smith
Surprise Packet: Tahir if he plays. If not, Hughes.
Dropped Player(s): Harris
Miscellaneous Event: South Africa to drop at least three Aussies on their way to centuries.
Will it come true?

pup11

International Coach
Wow, that was an easy chance Smith put down, and the very next ball Ponting could have holed out in the deep, so that shows he is not backing out either, anyways the 1st session still has well and truly belonged to South Africa, and one feels Ponting' wicket there would have given the Proteas a huge headstart in this game.

Burgey

Listening to the radio while watching - ABC courtesy of them being on a mobil phone as the line's out. They just said the SABC is out altogether - it's not the overseas line, but the local one. Surprised at that tbh. Is it a common thing in SA at sporting events?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Listening to the radio while watching - ABC courtesy of them being on a mobil phone as the line's out. They just said the SABC is out altogether - it's not the overseas line, but the local one. Surprised at that tbh. Is it a common thing in SA at sporting events?
Not really but I guess it happens from time to time

Steulen

International Regular
Wow, that was an easy chance Smith put down, and the very next ball Ponting could have holed out in the deep, so that shows he is not backing out either, anyways the 1st session still has well and truly belonged to South Africa, and one feels Ponting' wicket there would have given the Proteas a huge headstart in this game.
Because of the drop, I think honours even after that session. The pitch should become easier to bat on and Australia still have tewo of their best batsmen in. 67/4 would have been completely different with Ponting gone. So it's not actually advantage SA at this point imo.