• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Chubb

International Regular
Unfortunate choice of shot for an opener. Still its not like this doesn't happen to opening batsmen occasionally and Mike Hussey was very scratchy in his first innings, Gooch of course made a pair. If he's as good as they say, he will make up for it.

kingkallis

International Coach
Good start by the Proteas!

Someone said this Aussie batting line up is better than the one played in Sydney....Hayden atleast scored some runs there ;)

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There shouldn't be enough room in the team for both North and McDonald IMO. They either have to pick the bowling all-rounder or the batting all-rounder and stick to having four quality bowlers at 8, 9, 10 and 11. Terrible selection policies, just like what happened in India. I mean 3 full time bowlers FFS. Are they trying to send Johnson to an early retirement?

social

Typical Tory knobend. Asks for an argument, gets it, doesn't respond in any substantive sense and just says "too bad".

Next please, there were more difficult debating opponents in high school.

The country's not broke mate. But again, typical from the old British Bootstraps set - things are crap, there's a recession around the world. What we'll do is sit here and tell the poor pricks lining up for the food stamps "Never mind, there's a ****load in the bank".

Edit: oh FFS, Mark Nicolas is on as well. Out of interest, how can Julian sit in Sydney and say it's a good pitch?
Look at history

Chances of picking 2 left arm quicks - somewhere approaching zero

Treatment of Bollinger in the last 12 months - crap thereby indicating he's the expendable one

Chances of a potential all-rounder getting a game for Oz - very high

I cant actually believe that people on here are surprised, let alone disappointed, because the writing has been on the wall forever

As for Oz economy - it's ****ed and it's about time you stopped counting on a few Pink Batts to lead the recovery and started preying that someone with a clue actually starts running the place

Mister Wright

Series Result: SA 3-0
Top SA Runscorer: Kallis
Top Aus Runscorer: Katich
Top SA Wicket-taker: Steyn
Top Aus Wicket-taker: Johnson
Player of the Series: Kallis
Surprise Packet: McKenzie
Dropped Player(s): McGain, Bollinger & Morkel
Miscellaneous Event: Hughes to get a pair on debut.
For Australia's sake. I hope all my predictions don't come true!

Mister Wright

Wow, struggled all summer to pick up 20 wickets and we play three bowlers? Kidding themselves, these selectors.
I could be wrong, but I thought Ponting selected the final XI on the day, and the selectors select the XII for the test. They did say Ponting would decide on the final make up of the side on the day.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look at history

Chances of picking 2 left arm quicks - somewhere approaching zero

Treatment of Bollinger in the last 12 months - crap thereby indicating he's the expendable one

Chances of a potential all-rounder getting a game for Oz - very high

I cant actually believe that people on here are surprised, let alone disappointed, because the writing has been on the wall forever

As for Oz economy - it's ****ed and it's about time you stopped counting on a few Pink Batts to lead the recovery and started preying that someone with a clue actually starts running the place
I like it - "A bat led recovery".

Hope Katich and Ponting kick it off TBH :D