• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

inbox24

International Debutant
Probably should have included Prince somehow, at the cost of McKenzie.

Reckon they should bat Haddin at 7 and Ronald at 8.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another false premise on your part, but we're used to that.

McDonald's added advantage with the bat? So you're picking him for his runs at 8? North will bat 6, presumably Haddin 7. Bollinger took 40 plus wickets last FC season, swings it as much as McDonald, bowls 15 kph faster and regularly knocks over top order players at FC level. To prefer a bloke who isn't as good a bowler because of his "batting advantages" at number 8 is frankly absurd.
I'm not of course surprised you'd advocate such a conservative position though, given the conservative **** you throw around in the politics thread.

I look forward to your wonderful riposte - "oh, but if wekre 6 down Ronnie will do a job". So what? His job if he's batting below 6 is to rake wickets. He may well do it and he's habdy, but the other bloke is more likely to do it.
I know you want your fellow New South Welshman to play but the reality is that it was between he and Hilfenhaus and they chose the latter - END OF STORY

BTW, how's the ALP going? Have they bankrupted the country again?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be fair, McDonald rakes in plenty of wickets at FC level too. If the ball swings, he'll be an absolute handful.

Ftr, I'd still have picked Bollinger. But McDonald's bowling seems a bit underrated here. He was a good, solid performer for Australia on debut in the last test they played and they could be thinking it would have been a bit harsh to drop him.

I don't see why they always feel they should bat down to 11. Johnson at 9. 9!!! He averaged 36 in his last series!

Burgey

Stop talking ****

Given the added advantages of his batting, MacDonald was NEVER going to be the one to miss out so stop bitching and try and mount an argument as to why Bollinger should've been selected before Hilfenhaus or North because that was the only option
Another false premise on your part, but we're used to that.

McDonald's added advantage with the bat? So you're picking him for his runs at 8? North will bat 6, presumably Haddin 7. Bollinger took 40 plus wickets last FC season, swings it as much as McDonald, bowls 15 kph faster and regularly knocks over top order players at FC level. To prefer a bloke who isn't as good a bowler because of his "batting advantages" at number 8 is frankly absurd.
I'm not of course surprised you'd advocate such a conservative position though, given the conservative **** you throw around in the politics thread.

I look forward to your wonderful riposte - "oh, but if we're 6 down Ronnie will do a job". So what? His job if he's batting below 6 is to take wickets. He may well do it and he's handy, but the other bloke is more likely to do it.

As for Hilfenhaus, Bollinger should be ahead of him because:
- he's the incumbent
- he did nothing wrong on debut and bowled better than his figures suggest
- Hilfenhaus bowls a flat trajectory from right armover, and if it doesn't swing he's cannon fodder - a slower Brett Lee if you like.
- the bowler SA struggled with most was Johnson, a left armer. They ate Lee upN who bowls a similar trajectory to Hilfenhaus. If there's little between the two, why not pock the bloke who bowls the angle which troubled your opponents 4 weeks ago?

I know that's nothing compared to how they bowled in a 3 day practice match, but you asked for an argument.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
OMFG, so now Haddin is at 8! This is sad.

1 Graeme Smith (capt), 2 Neil McKenzie, 3 Hashim Amla, 4 Jacques Kallis, 5 AB de Villiers, 6 JP Duminy, 7 Mark Boucher (wk), 8 Morne Morkel, 9 Paul Harris, 10 Dale Steyn, 11 Makhaya Ntini.

Above is the South African team, same as the last test.
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

SA have selected the same team that was hammered last time out and included a spinner on a pitch where our armchair geniuses think Oz should've selected 4 pacemen

They obviously dont have a ****ing clue how a wicket in their own backyard is going to play:laugh:

Uppercut

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

SA have selected the same team that was hammered last time out and included a spinner on a pitch where our armchair geniuses think Oz should've selected 4 pacemen

They obviously dont have a ****ing clue how a wicket in their own backyard is going to play:laugh:
They pick Harris every time though. They already have four fast bowlers in the side. And the guy who would most likely replace him has just been ruled out for the season.

Spikey

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

We hammered SA in Sydney? They were playing with 10 men for most of the match, and still dragged down to the last 10 minutes....

pup11

International Coach
Haha, man this is so dire, I just knew they would go for McDonald, it was only a matter of whom out of Bollinger and Hilfenhaus misses out, Haddin batting at 8 is pretty ridiculous.

Burgey

I know you want your fellow New South Welshman to play but the reality is that it was between he and Hilfenhaus and they chose the latter - END OF STORY

BTW, how's the ALP going? Have they bankrupted the country again?
Typical Tory knobend. Asks for an argument, gets it, doesn't respond in any substantive sense and just says "too bad".

Next please, there were more difficult debating opponents in high school.

The country's not broke mate. But again, typical from the old British Bootstraps set - things are crap, there's a recession around the world. What we'll do is sit here and tell the poor pricks lining up for the food stamps "Never mind, there's a ****load in the bank".

Edit: oh FFS, Mark Nicolas is on as well. Out of interest, how can Julian sit in Sydney and say it's a good pitch?

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Hughes...:(

EDIT: Has to be said, wasn't the brightest shot to play, especially when you haven't scored a single run in international cricket.

Last edited: