Page 290 of 380 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 5686

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Haha..3-3 it seems the most likely outcome maybe they should play a series decider at a neutral venue like Lahore.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    So the benifit of the doubt no longer goes to the batsman now we have technology?
    If I had my way, the benefit of the doubt would go to the bowler, yes. Sissy batsmen have it all their way in cricket ATM, time the bowlers got something going for them as well.

But just for this particular case, judging by the sound that you could hear at the exact moment the ball passed the glove and by Prince's reaction, I'd say he did glove it and the correct decision was made even if there was technically no compelling evidence to reverse the not-out decision.
    President of RTDAS - Ryan ten Doeschate - The Freddie Flintoff of Associate Cricket
    Member of DNAS, ESAS - Dirk Nannes, Edgar Schiferli. Dutchmen can bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    Steulen, are you half-Welsh? Cheer up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79
    God, I just worked out Steulen's avatar is a hedgehog, not a brain...
    Not sure how to feel now tbh...

Well Bryce from what I can tell you are garbage.Maybe comeback when you're 50.
    Last edited by jondavluc; 20-03-2009 at 10:23 AM.

SA selectors really are idiots - Prince is clearly their best bat behind Kallis and they did Oz a huge favour by omitting him

As good as SA have been, Oz have been bad - look like they've been on the booze ever since the second test and made a flat track look like a minefield against a generally (Steyn excepted) average attack and have come out and bowled absolute garbage for over a day

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Congratulations McPain for your unique record. He has a chance to improve it though!
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

International Debutant Evermind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    SA selectors really are idiots - Prince is clearly their best bat behind Kallis and they did Oz a huge favour by omitting him

As good as SA have been, Oz have been bad - look like they've been on the booze ever since the second test and made a flat track look like a minefield against a generally (Steyn excepted) average attack and have come out and bowled absolute garbage for over a day
    Yep - agreed about Prince. What a champion! The guy really deserves a 50+ average by the time he's done. Luckily he's young, and has a lot of time to build it up.

But he never should've replaced Duminy - he should've replaced McKenzie. The guy is just not cut out for this level - he's the Ramprakash of SA, though admittedly quite a bit better.

Never would've dreamed Donald would be #3 on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Haha..3-3 it seems the most likely outcome maybe they should play a series decider at a neutral venue like Lahore.
    So SA can score 700 dec in the first innings and Australia 950 dec and at the end of 5 days SA have yet to bat again?

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post

As good as SA have been, Oz have been bad - look like they've been on the booze ever since the second test
    It's very much been the Aussie way in dead rubbers over the last 10 years.

It's a shame since they were talking up the whole '6 test series' before the game.

Now they'll just walk away and say "we're number 1"...

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Love that Prince tonned up big, my fav SA batsman still.

Feel sorry for McGain, though. Hauritz should now be (rightfully) viewed as Australia's Number 1 spinner IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Evermind View Post
    Yep - agreed about Prince. What a champion! The guy really deserves a 50+ average by the time he's done. Luckily he's young, and has a lot of time to build it up.

But he never should've replaced Duminy - he should've replaced McKenzie. The guy is just not cut out for this level - he's the Ramprakash of SA, though admittedly quite a bit better.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

hauritz probably is number 1, hasn't done anything wrong given opportunity, has taken wickets and kept it tight, probably fairly non threatening, but not a lot unlike harris.

haha @ that list by the way

State Vice-Captain gettingbetter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBloody Idiot View Post
    Can't help but thinking Prince making a ton is a bad thing in the long term for RSA. The last thing they need is another middle order batsman filling in at the top of the order like McKenzie.
    Its happened at a good time I must admit. They don't play a Test for a while.

After I read an article in the paper I was rather shocked. I thought the SA players were nice guys, but they all seem to be at loggerheads with Prince. AB didn't want to give up the no. 5 position and it was written that there were issues with Amla and Kallis and that Prince and Boucher barely talked.

I think a lot will come down to who Smith views as his left-hand man (and I think that may be Prince). The simple fact of the matter is that the SA batting line up is here to stay and the only problem is accomadating the batsmen now. The only real change in the batting line up is who will open with Smith; Prince or AB?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Bring back Krezja. He would've gone for 100 too, but at least he'd have a few poles.

Hopefully he'll be better tonight. **** can't get worse after all.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Can't wait for the new round of "Australia in Decline" threads bound to start today!

Thread Information