• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The thing about Morne is that everyone (including Gillespie just before) keeps talking him up but he's very wayward. Albertus wins matches with the bat, not the ball. I was pondering whether or not they can afford him bowling.

I wonder if at times Duminy might not be a better option to help complete the overs.

On another matter, I don't know if it was an optical illusion or not but it looked like that Smith had red streaks through his hair.
We kinda get that you don't rate Morne, but he bowls some fantastic spells. He's too inaccurate for ODIs but as part of the SA test attack he's useful because he can pick up a wicket at any time. I'd definitely play him in these dead-rubber ODIs because he's an excellent prospect if he gets his issues sorted- which i think are mainly in his mind.

pasag

RTDAS
Great start, have a middle order with no form though, so going to need a lot more from this pair.

On a side note, interesting how we refer to it as the '434' game and the Saffies refer to it as the '438' game'.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Be hard to not have Haddin as opener in the UAE. He has been one of the only bright sparks in the Aus top order.
Yep, but they need someone at three too, so even with Marsh and Watto playing the three of them could take those three spots.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Top last five overs. Morne put the pressure on and Albie picked up the wicket. van der Merwe has also started well.

inbox24

International Debutant
Need to up the tempo, this quiet period might be the exact thing that will cost us at the end of the day.