• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Laughlin in. Harwood, who is likely to be a one-cap-wonder, has been sent back to the Royals, which makes his selection at PE even more perplexing and Stuart Clark is unsurprisingly not ready.

For Ntini, it is surely last-chance saloon. Failure in Jo’Burg given the performances/emergence of Parnell and Tsotsobe and it is goodnight Charlie. Morne will also have to put in a decent outing. Though, his preparation for the game hasn’t been the greatest. His kit was misplaced (with that of an IPL team), so he had to train in Makhaya’s boots but Morne’s feet are two sizes bigger.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's wise for them to rest Parnell as he's only young and you don't want to put too much stress on his body or destroy his confidence when he goes for runs. I'm surprised they're playing Ntini, he's been carp in ODIs for a long time now. No harm in playing Mr Erratic though. AB lists his favourite book as the bible and he said when he received his MOTM award after the Perth test match that he used the bible to inspire him in the record chase. He then started quoting actual passages he was reading the night before the innings. He also said that the Lord Jesus Christ is the most important thing in his life; more important even than family. He's one very religious person.
Yeah, that's what i meant by "hardcore" Christian :D

Briony

International Debutant
SA win the toss and elect to bat under lights even though the sun is steaming down. A bit of a strange one from Smith.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Is this last chance saloon for them? Especially Morne?
Ntini must be getting close to the end too.

Then again Parnell has gone for plenty when the ball hasn't swung.
:laugh: How many games has Albie won against Australia in the past few months? And Morne is what 24?

Briony

International Debutant
:laugh: How many games has Albie won against Australia in the past few months? And Morne is what 24?
The thing about Morne is that everyone (including Gillespie just before) keeps talking him up but he's very wayward. Albertus wins matches with the bat, not the ball. I was pondering whether or not they can afford him bowling.

I wonder if at times Duminy might not be a better option to help complete the overs.

On another matter, I don't know if it was an optical illusion or not but it looked like that Smith had red streaks through his hair.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Be hard to not have Haddin as opener in the UAE. He has been one of the only bright sparks in the Aus top order.