• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Briony

International Debutant
Was Parnell just a flash in the pan?

He's very young and I think he needs some assistance in the pitch. He'll learn though. Strangely enough the erratic one might have been a bit more value in the last couple of matches. He doesn't seem to get to use the new ball but maybe he could do some damage if Parnell can. Ntini's always been preferred over Albertus's brother with the new cherry.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This is so good. The first ball I saw, the Aussie wicket fell and boom 4 gone in a blip. Well done to South Africa. Happy for them and how they are developing as side. Really like how van der Merwe has bowled so far in his international career. Looks pretty handy and is a deadly spin combination with the under rated Botha.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, serious pace from Steyn. :)

As for the last ODI, South Africa should look to bring Morne in and give VB van Jaarsveld a run out in Jo’Burg.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Not South Africa’s favorite ground but the support and atmosphere at PE has to be the best in the country.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
any tappu spinner can take wickets against this current aussie odi team
Interested to see how they man up against the Pak spinners. Afridi aside, I don’t think Malik and the new guy will cause many problems and even Afridi’s record against them isn’t particularly good. Just think the South African spinners have bowled very well. Botha's form from the England ODI series has just been awesome.

Stapel

International Regular
Ponting slowed AUS down and wasted the momentum given by Haddin and Clarke imo. Should have scored at a better SR or he should have atleast rotated the strike.
I garee ottaly :) !

At some point, Ponting had 5 dot balls and then a single run the keep the strike.... I guess it it is not too bad in itself to score just a single run in an over once or twice. But this really made me feel he gave the momentum away.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
That must be the first time.....since the 92 cup maybe?
I do recall them sinking pretty low during Taylor's reign - which is why he was sacked as ODI captain and Steve Waugh was given a shot.

Anyway, congrats SA. Australia really need to fix up this ODI side the way they did the Test team.