• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Julian87

State Captain
What bull**** that is that you can marry someone from a different country and 4 years later play for them.

Matt79

Global Moderator
What bull**** that is that you can marry someone from a different country and 4 years later play for them.
Yeah, cause 'Australian' athletes are never from overseas - Kostya Tsyzu, Tatiana Grigorieva, Yelena Dokic, etc etc etc

Briony

International Debutant
I too am surprised that Albertus Morkel wasn't picked for the practice match. I guess he may be stereotyped as someone who only plays limited over cricket. There is probably never going to be a place for him in the test team. I am surprised they didn't give Prince a go. Just on Albertus, how tall is he? He seems to be so short compared with Morne. Will be interesting to see what type of pitch is produced for the first test. Both seam attacks will probably find it more to their liking than the pancake flat ones they experienced in Australia.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I too am surprised that Albertus Morkel wasn't picked for the practice match. I guess he may be stereotyped as someone who only plays limited over cricket. There is probably never going to be a place for him in the test team. I am surprised they didn't give Prince a go. Just on Albertus, how tall is he? He seems to be so short compared with Morne. Will be interesting to see what type of pitch is produced for the first test. Both seam attacks will probably find it more to their liking than the pancake flat ones they experienced in Australia.
Prince would have captained the A side if not for the Pro20. Australia are no longer playing South Africa A but a Presidential XI made up of Lions and Titans cricketers.

As for Albie Morkel, his over 6'1 easy. Morne is about 6'5/6.

Briony

International Debutant
Prince would have captained the A side if not for the Pro20. Australia are no longer playing South Africa A but a Presidential XI made up of Lions and Titans cricketers.

As for Albie Morkel, his over 6'1 easy. Morne is about 6'5/6.
It was reported over here that Morne was six foot seven and he seemed to tower over Albertus and most of his teammates bar Harris and Smith who must be at least six foot one or two. I'm surprised to see Prince playing T20 because when I've observed him playing fifty over cricket he seems to struggle to expedite the scoring process and doesn't appear to have the range of scoring shots or strength to suit T20. He could have tested himself against the Aussies. Morne btw, is a huge hit with the ladies over here.

Evermind

International Debutant
It was reported over here that Morne was six foot seven and he seemed to tower over Albertus and most of his teammates bar Harris and Smith who must be at least six foot one or two. I'm surprised to see Prince playing T20 because when I've observed him playing fifty over cricket he seems to struggle to expedite the scoring process and doesn't appear to have the range of scoring shots or strength to suit T20. He could have tested himself against the Aussies. Morne btw, is a huge hit with the ladies over here.
Smith is same height as Pietersen. Harris is taller.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Katich
Hughes
Ponting
North
Haddin
McDonald
Johnson
Siddle
McGain
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger

by my count.

pasag

RTDAS
Hussey not playing, makes no sense. Looks like they're playing McDonald and North off each-other, but it means Hussey loses valuable preparation time, absurd.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Things we can draw from this -

- McGain is obviously the first choice spinner, Hauritz is in the squad as a reserve
- Bollinger and Hilfenhaus are facing off
- McDonald and North are facing off, or will need time in the middle if Clarke is injured

Which are all pretty good moves imo. Hussey is in form and Clarke is struggling with his back.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Could scream bloody murder and call for Bracken's selection every time one of our pace bowlers is crap, but will just do it this once.

Brackennnnnnnnnn