• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Demon43

Cricket Spectator
:laugh:

i am orsm coz i tlk lyk dis!!!!!!!!

Examples?
some examples are Greg Matthews who has to be the biggest tosser to put on a baggy green in the history of australian cricket mark waugh also a tosser and ur a tosser because nobody talks like that u ****ing ******

Jakester1288

International Regular
some examples are Greg Matthews who has to be the biggest tosser to put on a baggy green in the history of australian cricket mark waugh also a tosser and ur a tosser because nobody talks like that u ****ing ******
Wow. Just wow.

By the way I was asking Hoggy when I had miscounted something.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, great to see this thread not following the others of late. Can't wait.

Last edited:

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
OK serious XI

Katich
Hughes
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
North
Haddin
Johnson
Siddle
Bolinger
McGain (dont know he bats, or Siddle and Bollie as well)

If Clarke comes in too early in the first two test, he will be moved up the order.

pasag

RTDAS
OK serious XI

Katich
Hughes
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
North
Haddin
Johnson
Siddle
Bolinger
McGain (dont know he bats, or Siddle and Bollie as well)

If Clarke comes in too early in the first two test, he will be moved up the order.
Although it's not ideal, i think McDonald's bowling is more important at this stage and his uninspiring batting is probably something we can carry at 7 with Haddin lifting his game recently.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Is McDonald fit? I noticed that he didn't play in the last match... hamstring I think they said. Or was that just a precaution?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is always easy to look like a 'great bloke' when the team is winning. Smith bein a prick coincided with them getting beaten from pillar to post by Australia.
No, I think the opposite is true. Look at Chelsea in the nineties compared to Chelsea now, or Man Utd in the eighties compared to them now.

pup11

International Coach
This is going to be the XI for the first test:
1.Hughes
2.Katich
3.Ponting
4.Hussey
5.Clarke
6.Haddin
7.McDonald
8.Johnson
9.Siddle
10.McGain
11.Bollinger

I think its unlikely Australia would be tempted to play more than two debutants in the same test, North and Hilfenhaus would be used as back-up replacements for McDonald and Bollinger, and if they have uninspiring 1st test, then it very likely Hilfenahus and North might replace them for the 2nd test.

There is still that injury cloud over Clarke, and if that back problem restricts or rules out Clarke out of this tour, then it would be a huge blow for an already depleted Australian side.

Woodster

International Captain
Still a very inexperienced bowling attack, which is expected with both Lee and Clark being out, but it may be where they will struggle. I have no doubts their is enough potential there to suggest they may all make pretty solid Test careers (time permitting from McGain), but in the short term they may well be taken to task by Kallis and co.

Woodster

International Captain
Reckon that bowling attack is pretty good tbph. Just unproven.

I'm not suggesting it looks a poor attack, it is just inexperienced at this level, and does not possess masses of first class experience either. Inevitably with that comes inconsistency, and such is the belief in the SA line up, they will no doubt put these bowlers under serious pressure, and in Smith, Amla, Kallis, De Villers, Mckenzie, Duminy (and Prince should anyone be unavailable), they have the strength to get on top. If this attack stays together for a couple of years (perhaps barring McGain's rather advancing years), then it may be quite a potent attack.