• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Prefer to see Katich playing some shots - unlike Hussey, he's far more likely to make mistakes like that last one by going into his shell

Furthermore, at this rate, even if they do bat until tea TOMORROW, SA will still have a miniscule total to chase down.

Bottom line, it's not just about time

pasag

RTDAS
Prefer to see Katich playing some shots - unlike Hussey, he's far more likely to make mistakes like that last one by going into his shell

Furthermore, at this rate, even if they do bat until tea TOMORROW, SA will still have a miniscule total to chase down.

Bottom line, it's not just about time
Yeah, the Saffies scored so quickly that there really isn't a way out of this one.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Do Australian viewers have to put up with Mark **** Collector commentating? The SA team is actually really good this year, bit of Courtney Walsh, Neil Johnson, Manthorp and some local chick who isn't Kass Naidoo
Unfortunately in England it's Mark Nicholarse the sycophantic ****wit (may he forever eat **** and die). I've never heard Courtney Walsh commentate, would be interesting to see what he thinks of the quicks on show. I like reading Manthrop, however I like reading Fazeer Mohammed too and he's an awful commentator...

It's been a long long time since I've seen an Aussie side adopt this approach, they almost always go for the 'attack is the best form of defence, play your natural game method'. I really can't see them surviving two days (which is what they'll have to do by scoring next to no runs) like this. If they don't get a wicket by lunch though SA might just be missing the other brother Morkel.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
What's with the Nicholas hate guys?
The man's bloody terrible, ignorant and ridiculously pompous, before he was unbelievably biased towards England, however since Sky got the the TV rights over here and didn't hire him (because he's ****e) when they nicked he channel 4 commentary team he buggered off to Australia where he's become more sycophantic towards Ponting and co. than even the most ardent Aussie fan. I've met him in real life and he's exactly the same, only more vain.

inbox24

International Debutant
Damn hell what are you doing Katich, if you're gonna block it out, block it out. Don't all of a sudden go play a shot.

social

That session did stuff all for Oz other than waste a few overs and cost a wicket

They are absolutely no hope (as compared to .00000001% chance at the start) of saving this match if they continue to play like that

Inferiority

Banned
Winning the series on behalf of the poor efforts by SA may have proven to be a detriment to Australia's future. There are clearly a lot of weaknesses that have been exploited in this test.

social

Winning the series on behalf of the poor efforts by SA may have proven to be a detriment to Australia's future. There are clearly a lot of weaknesses that have been exploited in this test.
McGain - never to play again and only playing because of injury

McDonald - unlikely to play again and only playing because of injury

Hilfenhaus - 5th choice paceman (at best) and only playing because of injury

Haddin - batting at 6 only because of injury

Doesnt seem so bad when you put it that way

Langeveldt

Soutie
Unfortunately in England it's Mark Nicholarse the sycophantic ****wit (may he forever eat **** and die). I've never heard Courtney Walsh commentate, would be interesting to see what he thinks of the quicks on show. I like reading Manthrop, however I like reading Fazeer Mohammed too and he's an awful commentator...

It's been a long long time since I've seen an Aussie side adopt this approach, they almost always go for the 'attack is the best form of defence, play your natural game method'. I really can't see them surviving two days (which is what they'll have to do by scoring next to no runs) like this. If they don't get a wicket by lunch though SA might just be missing the other brother Morkel.
***ing hell, that sucks.. We've got Thommo, Jackman, Walsh, Johnson at the moment and it sounds like a group of people jovially talking cricket around the Braai.. Awesome stuff, no attittudes, no BS.. Feel really sorry for anyone who has to put up with the ****ing piece of **** nicholas, he should go back to his cookery programs

Briony

International Debutant
McGain - never to play again and only playing because of injury

McDonald - unlikely to play again and only playing because of injury

Hilfenhaus - 5th choice paceman (at best) and only playing because of injury

Haddin - batting at 6 only because of injury

Doesnt seem so bad when you put it that way

Hughes said that McGain would have played regardless of the North illness so whether Ricky wanted it or not, he would have replaced McDonald. At least it would have equated to one less pie chucker.