• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everyone thought he'd nicked that- the bowler, keeper, commentators, everyone watching on TV i'm sure thought he had- so there's no shame in Bucknor getting it wrong. But still the right decision was made. If the system is used reasonably and they iron out the severe inconsistencies there's no way in hell it'll detract from the umpire's authority.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Everyone thought he'd nicked that- the bowler, keeper, commentators, everyone watching on TV i'm sure thought he had- so there's no shame in Bucknor getting it wrong. But still the right decision was made. If the system is used reasonably and they iron out the severe inconsistencies there's no way in hell it'll detract from the umpire's authority.
One of the things I'm coming to enjoy least about the referral system is that we have to have the commentators going on and on about it rather than concentrating to the cricket.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
One of the things I'm coming to enjoy least about the referral system is that we have to have the commentators going on and on about it rather than concentrating to the cricket.
True. That being said I agree with Cullinan (I think its him commentating) with regards to Rauf changing his decision and awarding Kallis a single (rather than leg bye) to get a ton.

I very rarely side with Ricky when he cracks a **** at an umpire (every 5 tests or so). But this time he was right. If you're reversing leg bye decisions when a batsman is on 99, why not when they are on 0? Or 23? Or 87?

There needs to be a consistent system.

Evermind

International Debutant
Hashim "Alistair Cook" Amla's scores against Australia:

30*

The boy needs to sort it out.

Evermind

International Debutant
I badly need to leave the house but not before the AB ton.

It's like needing to pee but can't find the toilet.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Have money on an SA win, and like watching AB and Albie, but I feel sorry for McGain and don't want him to be belted again :(

Qundary

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is it me, or are the camera-men on this tour ****? Can never see where the ****in ball goes.

Same with the NZ vs. Ind test at times.