• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He is the captain of Australia and in tough times he (like any other capatain) is expected to face the heat and give answers to all the Aussie fans and the media, so that's not the problem, the issue is him lambasting his inexperienced bowling line-up publicly, and displaying his frustrations and displeasure towards them, the way he did in yesterday's game.

There are problems with the bowling group, but it would be much better if he, and his group of bowlers sit down with Cooley and discuss the issues and try to work on them, which obviously doesn't seem to be happening, because the Australian bowlers are repeating the same basic mistakes over and over again.
Can't agree with you here mate. AB wasn't averse to the odd public rant towards his players when he thought they weren't up to scratch. I'm not saying he should do it all the time, but every now and again why can't he say they've bowled rubbish and we/ I expect better of them?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
**** scheduling of CSA to have the final of the Pro20 occur on the same day as Australia’s warm-up game at Potch starts. God knows who is going to play for the A team as Prince, Duminy, Gibbs, Tsotsobe, Botha, Parnell, Rossouw, Elgar, van Wyk, de Villiers (CJ), du Preez, Smit and Friend could all be unavailable for selection.

The only players who are guaranteed to be free are from the Titans and Lions, so Neil Mac could captain the side, Albie Morkel can play and Imran Tahir despite not getting international clearance until April is now registered as South African, so he could feature as well.

pup11

International Coach
Can't agree with you here mate. AB wasn't averse to the odd public rant towards his players when he thought they weren't up to scratch. I'm not saying he should do it all the time, but every now and again why can't he say they've bowled rubbish and we/ I expect better of them?
I don't mind him having an odd public rant towards his players, but he has been constantly doing that ever since the Indian series and tbh nothing much has transpired out of it.

howardj

International Coach
The most friendly tour, in terms of watchability for Aussie viewers, in the world.

Settle in at 7pm with a pizza and some of grandpa's old cough medicine - life barely gets much better.

pasag

RTDAS
The most friendly tour, in terms of watchability for Aussie viewers, in the world.

Settle in at 7pm with a pizza and some of grandpa's old cough medicine - life barely gets much better.
Yeah, pity I no longer have Foxtel. Will have to head down to the pub for most of it.

howardj

International Coach
Yeah, pity I no longer have Foxtel. Will have to head down to the pub for most of it.
Mate, she's only $12/week for all the sport, news and a couple of music channels.

That's only a couple of takeaway coffees worth per week.

Ospi

School Boy/Girl Captain
No coverage for me either :( Foxtel screwed me around for the last time. But anyway, if the series here is anything to go by this will be a corker.

pasag

RTDAS
Mate, she's only $12/week for all the sport, news and a couple of music channels.

That's only a couple of takeaway coffees worth per week.
Quit the job to focus on my final semester at uni, so trying to save as much as possible. Have a small inheritance coming through, but the 6 months wait after the probate was lodged means I'll have to watch at the pub :(

pup11

International Coach
Guys, does anyone know who all would be the part of the commentary team for this series, because i remember the last time Australia went to South Africa, the commentary standards were woeful to say the very least.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Proteas under pressue: Ponting

Phillip Hughes seeks tips from Justin Langer

Only a couple of days away from the start of the tour match, then we go on to the Tests. I start to get excited around now. Our Ashes preperation must be well and truely underway now, this being our last tour before the Ashes mean we don't have long to get things right and sort things out before we are thrown in the ring with the old enemy.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Proteas under pressue: Ponting

Phillip Hughes seeks tips from Justin Langer

Only a couple of days away from the start of the tour match, then we go on to the Tests. I start to get excited around now. Our Ashes preperation must be well and truely underway now, this being our last tour before the Ashes mean we don't have long to get things right and sort things out before we are thrown in the ring with the old enemy.
I seriously don't think the Australian players should be thinking about anything else but the South African series atm, Ashes is gonna be huge, but South African series is also equally important atm.

So if all the blokes can rally together and pull off a series win in South Africa, then it will be huge boost for the Australian team for upcoming important future clashes.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Nah, would take a series loss in SA if it guaranteed an Ashes win in England. In a heartbeat.

That said, winning both is obviously preferable.

Thought the ending of the Allan Border medal summed up the rest of the year perfectly for mine "London Calling..."

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I know you're not alone in those thoughts either.

I find it odd (beating the better team is always a great achievement), but fair enough. Wonder if you'd still think that had Aust not lost in 2005?

Matt79

Global Moderator
If SA do dislodge Australia at #1, and you had the choice between India winning a series in SA against SA, or winning a series vs. Australia in Australia, which would you rather see as a fan?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If SA do dislodge Australia at #1, and you had the choice between India winning a series in SA against SA, or winning a series vs. Australia in Australia, which would you rather see as a fan?
I've never lived to see India beat Australia at home though. I imagine you've seen Australia win in England many times.

Isn't your reason akin to you rather Collingwood beating Carlton than beating Geelong?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah. Although in this case, I've seen Australia repeatedly smack SA and England at home in the past.

The Ashes are, for most, what they are. They'll always be the series we most want to win - that was probably on the verge of changing before the 2005 Ashes, but that series alone means that the next few series will remain the Wimbleton of cricket for Aussie and English fans alike I'd have thought.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I've never lived to see India beat Australia at home though. I imagine you've seen Australia win in England many times.

Isn't your reason akin to you rather Collingwood beating Carlton than beating Geelong?
You've never lived to see India beat SA at home either. :)

Though....I'd still take beating Australia in Australia, assuming Ponting is still playing. Otherwise, SA.