• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, tbh, not that emotionally invested in the argument but surely Paul Collingwood is a far better bowler than Kat? A bit under-rated, for mine.
Hard to say. He's been a lot better than he is now, it's been a year (14 matches) since he actually took a wicket. Could say the same of Kat of course, but they're not bowled much so it's difficult to compare.

If we're to consider that they're both reasonably well-practiced, I'd take Colly if you're looking to keep it tight for a few overs while the faster men rest. If you desperately need a partnership broken, Kat's probably the better option. Colly's only going to get a wicket through an aberration from the batsman, Kat can sometimes come up with a good nut.

Just speculating really though. Both are long shots.

oldmancraigy

U19 12th Man
It's pretty funny though. Aus have dominated 10 sessions of a test match, and one fighting partnership (only possible because of a dropped catch) has some posters talking like SA are a shoe in. Obviously it's not over, but they're IMO 2 wickets away from not standing a chance (Boucher isn't in good enough form to save this game).

The bowlers will be better for a bit of rest, and the new ball will wrap things up.

Pretty much agree with ya - but if they haven't lost a wicket by lunch today I'll be sweating bricks!!

Funny old game cricket....

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's been such a good summer of cricket. I wouldn't be surprised if there was yet to be a few twists left in this game.

Briony

International Debutant
Coward is a funny one. Seems to know absolutely everything there is to know about the sport, but is still rubbish as a comm.
I think that Coward is more interest in the cultural *** socio-political aspects of the sport. And he has a deep love of sub-continental cricket. Sometimes the on-field action seems secondary to this for him.

Steulen

International Regular
If there's no high tide today, then SA will either win or draw.
How can you not have high tide in a day?

That's the same as saying: if the sun doesn't rise today, The Netherlands will win the T20 World Cup. No problem with avatar-betting that one, btw.

Evermind

International Debutant
Spies tell me everyone is in fine fettle over there this morning, and ready for a big lash.
:laugh:

For a very long time, I used to think you really had some insiders giving you real info, and would look forward to your posts with great anticipation.

Now it's like I've been told there's no Santa Claus. :(