• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Matt79

Global Moderator
Precam's just baiting. Jeets is a cult favourite with the Kiwis around here. I stand by my comment: Vettori is the only Kiwi who would make a definite and pronounced improvement to our side.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Precam's just baiting. Jeets is a cult favourite with the Kiwis around here. I stand by my comment: Vettori is the only Kiwi who would make a definite and pronounced improvement to our side.
Yeah I'm only kidding around. I don't really hate them. Much. :laugh:

pup11

International Coach
Vettori would walk into most teams tbh, and as i said Patel too has a chance of wakling into the Australian side, just shows where Australia stand with their spin stocks atm, any half-decent spinner from around the world has an outside chance to break into the Australian side, as evident from the fact that guys like Dan Cullen, Nathan Hauritz, Beau Casson, Jason Krejza, Cam White (the bowler) all already have the baggy green.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I'd completely agree with you w.r.t. tests, assuming universal fitness.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Boucher won’t be fit for the first test, doctors said he was out for 6 weeks, 4 weeks before the 1st test and that hasn’t changed but it looks like the selectors dare not ‘drop’ Bouch in fear he would throw a wobbly. Prince is a nice guy so his a good fall guy. If Neil Mac is still playing come the 3rd test then something must have gone really awry. He has even looked poor playing domestic cricket.

Interesting that I read that despite JP now being in the final 11 he will still feature for South Africa A against Australia. Ashwell Prince is likely to captain the A boys and Neil Mac may be given the game to get some form.

Precambrian

Banned
I'd be pissed off if I was Prince.
Prince is coming off a lengthy layoff, and should prove his fitness + form to get in the test side. Just because he hit a 100 off his last innings, should be no excuse to straightaway get him in the team. Duminy has proved to undroppable, and only Niel McKenzie is currently in doubt. But I'd rather not disturb the winning combo. If Niel proves to be ****, he should be dropped for the second test and Prince be brought in with ABD promoted.

kingkallis

International Coach
Prince is coming off a lengthy layoff, and should prove his fitness + form to get in the test side. Just because he hit a 100 off his last innings, should be no excuse to straightaway get him in the team. Duminy has proved to undroppable, and only Niel McKenzie is currently in doubt. But I'd rather not disturb the winning combo. If Niel proves to be ****, he should be dropped for the second test and Prince be brought in with ABD promoted.
I agree! If McK fails in the 1st test then Prince should get the chance and Amla or ABD can open!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah what the hell, someone's gotta say it.......

Ferguson for the Test side? Not for this tour obviously but he's gotta be in the minds of the selectors a bit. If he keeps his form up and the selectors continue their boycott of Victorian batsmen, he could slot in at 6. He doesn't get much of the ball for SA but the guy can bowl some handy meds too, tends to surprise guys with the pace he gets.

I've been quite used to bagging the crap out of him for years now but the truth is, he looks a lot better in defence these days. An absolute bolter but worth consideration.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Said it in the domestic thread last week, he's going to be a smokey for the SA (Obvs wasn't picked though) & Ashes tours, as he's obviously got the selectors attention. I'll be happy enough for him to continue his good form in the SS and FRC for another season though if he doesn't get picked :)

Carn the Ferg!