• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly not understanding Ponting's aversion to enforcing the follow-on. The pitch doesn't seem THAT bad.

pasag

RTDAS
I think it goes to show there's virtually nothing between the sides (and India) and on any given day any side could come out on top.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it's proof the difference in Aus wasn't that much...Australia have come out on fire in this series and bowled a lot better than SA on bowler friendly wickets. By the sounds of it Johnson was pretty awesome yesterday and they've played well as a settled team for the past two matches. It seems like they have a great balance to the team. If they'd have played like this in the first two games at home for the entire match it could well be 5-0 home and away, that's how close it was.

Having said that, we'll probably collapse and SA will win now. :happy:

Redbacks

International Captain
I imagine Ian Healy would be thinking:

"If Krezja didn't play in Perth, Australia would be playing for 5-0 on aggregate right now" :ph34r:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly not understanding Ponting's aversion to enforcing the follow-on. The pitch doesn't seem THAT bad.
2 bowlers coming into the match under injury clouds, and then Moobs looking a little stiff yesterday apparently is a good enough reason imo.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's proof the difference in Aus wasn't that much...Australia have come out on fire in this series and bowled a lot better than SA on bowler friendly wickets. By the sounds of it Johnson was pretty awesome yesterday and they've played well as a settled team for the past two matches. It seems like they have a great balance to the team. If they'd have played like this in the first two games at home for the entire match it could well be 5-0 home and away, that's how close it was.

Having said that, we'll probably collapse and SA will win now. :happy:
Haha, no chance of that.

Scary stuff for England with the Ashes coming up, especially if Stuart Clark's back to take the new-ball with Johnson. Is Lee likely to be back for the Ashes?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, no chance of that.

Scary stuff for England with the Ashes coming up, especially if Stuart Clark's back to take the new-ball with Johnson. Is Lee likely to be back for the Ashes?
Should be fit, but whether he is match fit or gets in will be an issue.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I just feel like belting out..."Australians all let us rejoice..." :laugh:

We're back baby! Another decade of ownage! :D