Page 152 of 380 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 5686

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Blame Curtly Ambrose for that...
    Haha, fair enough! Should have kept his jaw wired shut...not that I'd do any better having to talk and keep listeners entertained without the benefit of pictures mind you.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Like this?

ITSTL
    Hahahaha. Probably dozens more like them.

Midge MOTM. Nice. He's such a nice, humble, hard-working bloke.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Like this?

ITSTL
    Forgive him Clapo, for he hath sinned.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Like this one?

or this:

or this:

my favourite:
    To be fair, particularly to Precambrian, they were only saying what was reasonable to say at the time. He quite clearly has improved, he's five times the bowler he was a year ago. If someone had said, "he's useless, should be nowhere near the side and will never be test-class" then it's worth a dig, but really he's just gotten a lot better. We knew he had the capacity to improve, and in that sense he's proved everyone right.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Yeah I know. Tongue strictly in cheek - I included myself for the bagging as well (although I made it clear in my post I hope that it was too early to make a call one way or another back in the dim distant days of November).
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

To all those who gave me stick for backing McDonald IN THESE CONDITIONS, no apology is necessary

Simply make a small donation to my favourite charity, SDF

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Pretty depressing all round. Being pwned by a bunch of no-names like this and not one bowler standing up. I can't see how we'll win a single Test this series, I really don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Not really a bunch of no names, I think you need to give us some credit.. But yeah it will be nice if Australia continue to be this poor, we might not win every test but I am confident we will grind them into the dust batting wise
    Quote Originally Posted by MendisNuffSaid View Post
    The mediocrity of this Australian bowling attack is astonishing. At best, they can only manage to draw test matches unless if they have an opportunity to bowl at a 5th day minefield. I lol'd at their struggles of bowling out the SA tail on that day as well, only just managed to win the SCG test.
    Quote Originally Posted by MendisNuffSaid View Post
    I wish we were playing Australia right now, any international team could beat them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    It's going to be a long tour for the Aussies.
    Some of the more interesting posts that basically revolved around the tour game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Genuinely believe Australia will win this series just for the record. Assuming we play North, the only other thing I'd change about the team is having Bracken in there.

Can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangi_Larki View Post
    do u seriously think that Aus are gonna win the series???
    The last time these two sides played, Australia won. It came with our new talent in no small coincidence.

Now we have North in (I assume) and Hughes which imo, only makes us stronger.

Siddle, Johnson, Bollinger, North, McDonald/Hilfenhaus is a very good bowling attack for South Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by jondavluc View Post
    I would be very surprised if we win .I'm expecting to lose and to lose big,I will be ecstatic if we draw it.
    Yeah we certainly can if everything comes together. This SA team are very good but they're not unbeatable by any stretch of the imagination. However, I don't think we will win as they are the better side and better sides usually win. Can't wait for tonight though.
    I disagree. I know South Africa were good in Australia, but a large amount of their bowling was quite ordinary. With Hughes and North in and the law of averages on our side, I don't see our batting failing to make good scores. And I've made my thoughts on our bowling clear.

In my mind, it's Australia 55-45.
    Yeah, keeping things in perspective, it's still a good line-up and one that can win Test Matches.
    A cross-section of the pre-match discussion I was involved in.

Such a brilliant win from Australia. Beaming here.

Interesting to see how the Saffies bounce back next test as I think they've got real problems

Morkel (whose talent I rate very highly) was terrible except for a few unplayables here and there

Ntini looks finished and was completely flattered by his figures

Duminy has been exposed by short pitched bowling and not for the first time

They'll probably stick with the same attack but I'd certainly pick Prince

Yessssss..... really chuffed with this win, to come to South Africa as the underdogs and perform like the way all the blokes have, is truly exceptional, it was such an awesome team effort, almost everyone chipped in at sometime or another, which was really heartening to see.

Tremendous effort from Mitch, lead the attack brilliantly, and the runs he contributed with the bat in the 1st innings also proved to be very important in the end, the rest of the bowlers too deserve a lot of praise, for the in which they stuck to their task, and bowled tirelessly through this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    To be fair, particularly to Precambrian, they were only saying what was reasonable to say at the time. He quite clearly has improved, he's five times the bowler he was a year ago. If someone had said, "he's useless, should be nowhere near the side and will never be test-class" then it's worth a dig, but really he's just gotten a lot better. We knew he had the capacity to improve, and in that sense he's proved everyone right.
    And to be fair most of the Aussies on here said he was cack during the Windies series and even before the Indian series away this was standard response - He dont swing it, He dont swing it and guess what, He dont swing it

Get Doug Bollinger in the side, "he can swing it"! Please!

This is the most satisfying test match win for Australians since we took back the ashes, and probably before that since we won in India. Great game, well played guys .

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    And to be fair most of the Aussies on here said he was cack during the Windies series and even before the Indian series away this was standard response - He dont swing it, He dont swing it and guess what, He dont swing it

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Interesting to see how the Saffies bounce back next test as I think they've got real problems

Morkel (whose talent I rate very highly) was terrible except for a few unplayables here and there

Ntini looks finished and was completely flattered by his figures

Duminy has been exposed by short pitched bowling and not for the first time

They'll probably stick with the same attack but I'd certainly pick Prince
    Fully expect their batting to be a whole lot better in Durban (?). Smith found some form again in that 2nd innings, whilst Amla & De Villiers seem to be in some pretty good form. Amla really needs to convert his starts though if he wants to hurt us. Has made it into double figures in all bar 2 innings in the past 8 against Australia iirc, and only made it past 60 once?

Hey Johnson must be annoyed with himself and his performance in that match.

96*
    4/x
    4/y

Couldn't manage a Michelle or a ton.

Thread Information