• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

inbox24

International Debutant
What is the way forward for this Aussie team, losing after such a strong position? Apart from the obvious McD bungle.

Evermind

International Debutant
What is the way forward for this Aussie team, losing after such a strong position? Apart from the obvious McD bungle.
You really think they're gonna lose?

Avatar bet for one week? If Aus win, I choose your avatar. If SA win, you choose mine.

In case of draw, nothing happens.

Evermind

International Debutant
What sorta average does everyone think Johnson is gonna end up with? I'm thinking sub-30s, maybe 28 or so (about what he has now).

It's a different story if he plays on the sort of roads we've seen in the WIndies and Pakistan. Wonder what people like Holding and Akram have to say about those pitches.

Stapel

International Regular
Kallis & Amla seem to pick up the occasional runs rather easily. I don't see the relatively unexperienced Aussie attack bowl out the Proteas, unless they get something special with the new ball. But I doubt that.

inbox24

International Debutant
Even if we get Morgan, Kallis and Boucher, we still have to deal with the tail. Our bowling against determined, defensive bats (even tailenders) doesn't fill me with confidence.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I fancy McDonald against the tail. Extremely difficult to score runs, and if you miss even one, you're out.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Even if we get Morgan, Kallis and Boucher, we still have to deal with the tail. Our bowling against determined, defensive bats (even tailenders) doesn't fill me with confidence.
Nothing fills
You wih confidence - you're the most pessimistic guy on here - even SS isn't this bad when India is playing.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quickly coming to the conclusion that McDonald is a pretty good bowler and if he could somehow start to scrounge some runs together, could have a part to play for a little while at test level