• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clark in doubt for SA tour

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Huge blow this. He said on radio this morning he'd expect not to be picked given he's not playing the Shield match.

I had us as an outside chance to jag the series if he played. Odds now much longer.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
So Lee is out of the series as well? Who will be the Aussie bowlers sent? johnson siddle Bolly and who else? also another thing, you think they will send krejza hauritz or mcgain or none? what About the All rounder i dont think they can give Mcdon another can they what about noffke as the all rounder?

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bad for him but not necessarily bad for the team. At least he won't have to worry about having to repeat his awesome bowling from last time and possibly bowling rubbish trying too hard. Now the Aussies will have to work with what they've got.

Tipping Bolly to do well. Has Brett Schultz's length, always tough to play over there.

Precambrian

Banned
At the cost of repetition, I'd say it is not a huge loss for Australia, unless they are still living in 2006. Clark has been below par, ever since then, and the current crop of Johnson and Siddle looks much better bets in SA.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
At the cost of repetition, I'd say it is not a huge loss for Australia, unless they are still living in 2006. Clark has been below par, ever since then, and the current crop of Johnson and Siddle looks much better bets in SA.
It seems siddle's out for the SaF series as well some sort of stress fracture i heard

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh really? That will be a huge blow indeed. Finally we might see Bracken in test kits hopefully.
Doubt it

Rightly or wrongly, Johnson and Bollinger appear to be in front of him and there is NO WAY that Oz choose 3 left armers in the one pace attack

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How many tests has it been now since Australia has fielded the same team in consecutive matches?

inbox24

International Debutant
Well if it seams and swings in South Africa, then we'd do well to choose 2 swing bowlers
and 2 seamers. The only bowlers in contention should be the following:

Johnson
Siddle
Bollinger
Hilfenhaus
Bracken
Krejza
McGain

McGain and Krejza should only be considered if the pitches are really helpful.

pup11

International Coach
Oh really? That will be a huge blow indeed. Finally we might see Bracken in test kits hopefully.
Surely that's not going to happen, if it comes to that Hilditch would make Merv Hughes wear the test shirt and send him to play for Australia instead, they are hell bent on not picking Bracken for test matches.