Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: Who's the better ODI player?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • M S Dhoni

16 55.17%
  • K Pietersen

13 44.83%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dhoni Vs KP ; ODIs

Banned

Dhoni Vs KP ; ODIs

Who's the better ODI player?

Dhoni has become an ODI legend with another rescue act today, his umpteenth since he took up captaincy. He rarely looks out of touch in ODIs, and his innings today was a mixture of aggression and deft placements.

Pietersen imho, is a big innings player. When he gets going, he ensures he makes it count. Unfortunately he tends to be bipolar these days far too much for England's liking.

Dhoni for me.

Dhoni, just, given he also keeps wicket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Not comparable. If you need 80 more off 80 deliveries, you want Dhoni arriving at the crease. If you need 40 more off 20 deliveries, you want KP arriving at the crease.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Not comparable. If you need 80 more off 80 deliveries, you want Dhoni arriving at the crease. If you need 40 more off 20 deliveries, you want KP arriving at the crease.
    In that they're both not players currently playing ODIs?

I explained ^

ODI batsmen play such different roles it's difficult to compare them. In a test, whoever scores more runs is better, simple as that. In an ODI, should the credit go to the guy who bats through with a run-a-ball hundred or the one who hits 60 off 25 balls at the death?

I explained ^

ODI batsmen play such different roles it's difficult to compare them. In a test, whoever scores more runs is better, simple as that. In an ODI, should the credit go to the guy who bats through with a run-a-ball hundred or the one who hits 60 off 25 balls at the death?
    If you could have just one in your team, who would it be?

Banned
    DWTA. That is particular, in fact very particular criteria. Also, tell me when has Pietersen bailed out England from such a situation? And Dhoni is equally if not more destructive in such a case.

Banned
    I explained ^

Again, KP batted for most times at 4, 5 and perhaps 6. Dhoni has a similar record, except that he doesnt bat often at 4. Seems to be fair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    If you could have just one in your team, who would it be?
    It depends what my team looks like. If I'm England and i have a lot of people who can bat through and none who can score quickly, I'll take KP. If I'm Bangladesh and my team is full of serial brain-farters, I'll take Dhoni.

Quote Originally Posted by Precambrian View Post
    DWTA. That is particular, in fact very particular criteria. Also, tell me when has Pietersen bailed out England from such a situation? And Dhoni is equally if not more destructive in such a case.
    Well obviously if you think Dhoni's better in all situations then you can easily compare them. But i don't.

Banned
    It depends what my team looks like. If I'm England and i have a lot of people who can bat through and none who can score quickly, I'll take KP. If I'm Bangladesh and my team is full of serial brain-farters, I'll take Dhoni.
    It is perhaps a disservice to reduce Pietersen to the status of an end overs slogger which he is not. Also note KP's SR is 87 as compared to Dhoni's 91.

Banned
    Well obviously if you think Dhoni's better in all situations then you can easily compare them. But i don't.
    You don't. However can you put some justification for such thought? Or is it mere bias?

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    It's close, so since KP is the much much better batsman in real cricket, I will go for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I'd have it the other way around actually, and pick KP because of it. KP is much better at the longer innings than Dhoni, and Dhoni could be more destructive. But longer innings are almost always better, even in ODIs, except when your S/R is really low, which it obviously isn't in either of these cases.

Pietersen to me is the better batsman, but despite his awesome ODI record, he's not really making the best of his talent.

Dhoni seems to have more performances under his belt atm.

KP is often carrying his team though, whilst Dhoni, though he leads from the front, still has Sachin, Yuvraj, Gambhir and Sehwag who would all walk into the England ODI team.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information