• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dhoni Vs KP ; ODIs

Who's the better ODI player?

• Total voters

GGG

State Captain
KP for the simple fact he averages 57 away from home and Dhoni 44 away from home.

krkode

State Captain
Incomparable in their roles, IMO.

As mentioned, KP is a big innings player like Tendulkar or Ponting, the player around whom his team's batting lineup revolves. Dhoni is more of a finisher, like Bevan, IMO. Ideally you'd want both in your team, but given you only had to pick one, would really depend on who else is in the team.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
I'd prefer Dhoni just because he's more consistent and I'm really impressed with his ability to change his game to suit the situation more so than KP definitely. Think he's the more complete batsmen where as KP is a better batsmen but right now is struggling to figure out his game in OD's, so currently Dhoni.

haroon510

International 12th Man
this website is racist website lol.. i wanted to vote against Dhoni (an indian) it didn't let me.. it said u already voted once.. so i am not sure if my vote was counted or not.. Joking about the racist part.. lol

anyways.. regardless of that.. i would have or i voted for Kevin Pieterson.. Dhoni is the flavor of the year or lets say a couple of years.. u will soon see him declining soon.. just like his test record..

Dhoni is much better Captain though.. if that counts..

Evermind

International Debutant
this website is racist website lol.. i wanted to vote against Dhoni (an indian) it didn't let me.. it said u already voted once.. so i am not sure if my vote was counted or not.. Joking about the racist part.. lol

anyways.. regardless of that.. i would have or i voted for Kevin Pieterson.. Dhoni is the flavor of the year or lets say a couple of years.. u will soon see him declining soon.. just like his test record..

Dhoni is much better Captain though.. if that counts..
Form and content of this post are both garbage. Everything just comes together here.

tooextracool

International Coach
I just think KP's better at slogging than Dhoni. Hardly an insane and controversial opinion.
Its hard to see where this ideology comes from. KP has done nothing in his career to suggest that he is anything other than very ordinary when it comes to the slog. His best innings, like Flintoff's, have involved ones where he has started slowly, played himself in before getting destructive at the end.

As far as the question is concerned, its a tough choice because Dhoni is the far more versatile player capable of batting anywhere in the order. On the other hand his record away from the subcontinent is ordinary and I dont see him scoring 100s abroad with his technique. So I'd pick Pietersen.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Since it doesn't specify batting, it has to be Dhoni.

(Easy way to dodge having to make what is IMO a very tough choice in terms of their batting)

Precambrian

Banned
And KP plays Warne and Murali better. Saying KP is better than Dhoni against top class spin doesn't equate to Dhoni being crap against them. It just means he's not as good.
Excuse me if am wrong. KP has failed against Murali on spinning tracks, didnt he?