• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are the most overrated/underrated cricket teams in the world currently?

Who are the most overrated cricket teams in the world currently?

• Total voters

Flem274*

123/5
:laugh:

Not calling Vettori average, but he must love it when batsmen play for spin against him, because he's even admitted himself that he doesn't get any turn.

If Harris takes a leaf out of Vettori's book and focusses on flight etc he couldh ave a good career.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He benefits from who he plays with. Ntini, Steyn and Morkel are three of the nastiest bowlers to face around and Kallis can be really tough to score off. When Harris comes on they either relax or think they have the right to hit every ball he bowls for six.

Top_Cat

He benefits from who he plays with. Ntini, Steyn and Morkel are three of the nastiest bowlers to face around and Kallis can be really tough to score off. When Harris comes on they either relax or think they have the right to hit every ball he bowls for six.
I've heard that a few times about him and must say, reckon it's a bit unfair. His wickets in the Test series, I thought, were the result of smart bowling. No doubt he's taking advantage of what you say about the other bowlers but I thought he hit pretty decent areas too. He made Clarke struggle in defence more against him than he did against Murali last summer and got just enough turn to be annoying (more than the Aussie bowlers, that's for sure). Decent effort, that.

Uppercut

I've heard that a few times about him and must say, reckon it's a bit unfair. His wickets in the Test series, I thought, were the result of smart bowling. No doubt he's taking advantage of what you say about the other bowlers but I thought he hit pretty decent areas too. He made Clarke struggle in defence more against him than he did against Murali last summer and got just enough turn to be annoying (more than the Aussie bowlers, that's for sure). Decent effort, that.
Oh, for sure, i said at the time he was massively improved on his performance in England. He bowled well, but i'm still pretty sure if you looked at how he actually got his wickets, a lot of them were due to ridiculously over-aggressive shots. I think Oz had an ill-advised gameplan to get after him in the first test.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
In regards to Harris, I don't think of him as a good bowler, because I'd much rather face him than any of the rest of the SA attack. Simply because I never think he's going to threaten my wicket. The Aussie batsmen have had seriously flawed aims to Harris and have suffered from that attitude, and it has cost them their wicket. I don't think the same thing will happen in South Africa.

Matt79

Global Moderator
He did a great job for SA and was really the surprise packet of the summer, besides Duminy. If he had not been as effective, it would have made Smith's job much more difficult (although with Kallis in the bowling form he was in, they could have covered it ok).

R_D

International Debutant
Indian batsman always do it.. a rookie spinner gets quite a few wickets gifted.... its a way of encouraging the guy :)