Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pakistan Cricket news/views

Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    i never said BCCI is responsible for those canceled tours.. i just think that if BCCI wanted they would tour pakistan..that is how much power they have..
    So here, according to you BCCI can force Eng, Aus, SA & NZ to tour Pakistan.

i don't wana talk about politics here... so stop it.. if you don't have anything to say regarding cricket.. just don't bother commenting..
    So you don't don't blame the BCCI for America's arm-twisting Pakistan? Have you made up your mind on that issue?

First of all you r talking about two different issues and geting two issues mixed.. while i have said that BCCI wants to to have PCB under their control and make sure pakistan keep those playes who play in ICL ban. i have never said that this has to do with tours being canceled.. I think u should read the post first..before you comment..
    Hey don't start changing your story. YOU first said BCCI wants the PCB under their control because they want PCB to throw out Razzaq and Yusuf. Or are you changing your story now? Do the BCCI have other interests in the PCB that you have not invented so far? Do you want a few more minutes to think it up??

Then as you have clearly mentioned above the BCCI could have made the tours happen if they wanted.

So all PCB had to do was throw out Razzaq and Yusuf and everything would have been hunky dory. The BCCI would have forced Eng, Aus, SA & NZ to tour Pakistan and the PCB would have gotten themselves out of their financial mess.

But the PCB have not thrown out Razzaq and Yusuf, so it means that to them these two chappies are more important than the whole of Pakistan Cricket

I'm going to make a feeble attempt to get the thread back on topic.

To no one's surprise, injury prone Akhtar out of Sri Lanka Tests. If there ever was a wasted career, this has got to be it.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Cricinfo - PCB to resist reversing Oval Test result

Never should have been reversed but can we move on already?
    RIP Craigos

First Class Debutant
    I think Akhtar's exclusion is more for his current form than his fitness .He didn't break down in the ODI series.

First Class Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by sirdj View Post

errrr........I mean funnygirl?

I mean those who want those ICL heroes back .

Quote Originally Posted by sirdj View Post
    So here, according to you BCCI can force Eng, Aus, SA & NZ to tour Pakistan.

So you don't don't blame the BCCI for America's arm-twisting Pakistan? Have you made up your mind on that issue?

Hey don't start changing your story. YOU first said BCCI wants the PCB under their control because they want PCB to throw out Razzaq and Yusuf. Or are you changing your story now? Do the BCCI have other interests in the PCB that you have not invented so far? Do you want a few more minutes to think it up??

Then as you have clearly mentioned above the BCCI could have made the tours happen if they wanted.

So all PCB had to do was throw out Razzaq and Yusuf and everything would have been hunky dory. The BCCI would have forced Eng, Aus, SA & NZ to tour Pakistan and the PCB would have gotten themselves out of their financial mess.

But the PCB have not thrown out Razzaq and Yusuf, so it means that to them these two chappies are more important than the whole of Pakistan Cricket
    exactly..BCCI has enough power to run ICC.. and if they can do that.. they could make any country tour any country..

look now if you wana bring America in this topic.. you are forcing me to talk about politics and i simply don't wana talk about politics.. because i know if do. most of you won't like it and they might end up closing this thread since it wont' be regarding cricket..so lets stick to cricket here..

i never said specifically yousuf and razzaq.. i said players like razzaq and yousuf.. and including all of those who are playing in ICL.. i just give razzaq and yousuf as example...i just think i can't believe pcb is stupied enought to go with this ICL crap ban while players like razzaq and yousuf could offer them soo much.. specially at this moment.. that was the only reason i supported Javid Maindad because i thought there won't be any ICL ban considering that he talked publicaly against it..

i never meant what you wrote up there..i said PCB is being controled by BCCI and BCCI wants PCB under their control for as long as it is possible..they want to control PCB for many reasons.. one of the reason is ICL.. they want PCB to ban any players who play ICL... BCCI is bailing PCB out and supporting them for their political reason.. they are not doing it for the cricket cause.. now you make whatever judgment you want out of that.. but that is what i meant..

i never said that if PCB leave razzaq and yousuf out of the team... other countries would tour pakistan.. to you it might sound like that since you r lacking the ability of rational thinking..but i never meant it that way..

Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    look now if you wana bring America in this topic.. you are forcing me to talk about politics and i simply don't wana talk about politics.. because i know if do. most of you won't like it and they might end up closing this thread since it wont' be regarding cricket..so lets stick to cricket here..
    Hey don't make threats about posting stuff that will lead to closing the thread. Whether the BCCI had a hand in America's War on Terror is a "yes or no" question. You either think "yes they did" or "no they did not".

i never said specifically yousuf and razzaq.. i said players like razzaq and yousuf.. and including all of those who are playing in ICL.. i just give razzaq and yousuf as example
    So your statement "players like Yusuf and Razzaq" DOES NOT specifically include Yusuf & Razzaq. So who DOES it include?? Silly me for thinking that Yusuf & Razzaq would refer to Yusuf & Razzaq.

i just think i can't believe pcb is stupied enought to go with this ICL crap ban while players like razzaq and yousuf could offer them soo much
    Well it seems like I will have to spell it out for you, because I have already posted this twice and you don't seem to get any of it.

1. BCCI wants PCB under their influence.
    2. The reason why BCCI wants PCB under their influence is because they want PCB to ban certain Yusufs and Razzaqs.
    3. If the PCB ban these Yusufs and Razzaqs, it will get in the good books of the BCCI.
    4. If the PCB is in the good books of the BCCI then the BCCI can force Aus, NZ, SA & Eng to tour Pakistan.
    5. If these countries tour Pakistan, then there will be a lot of cricket in Pakistan.
    6. If there is such a lot of cricket in Pakistan then PCB will make a lot of money.
    7. The PCB will invest all this money back into Pakistan to improve the game of cricket.

BUT

1. The PCB does not want to ban these Yusufs and Razzaqs.
    2. These two players are very important.
    3. The PCB would rather face the next 5 years (or however long this War on Terror goes along) without ANY cricket.
    4. Therefore what you are saying is that these Yusufs & Razzaqs are worth more than the future of Pakistan Cricket.

Makes perfect sense.

specially at this moment.. that was the only reason i supported Javid Maindad because i thought there won't be any ICL ban considering that he talked publicaly against it..
    This supports my statement above that You feel that Yusufs & Razzaqs are worth more than the future of Pakistan cricket.

i never meant what you wrote up there..i said PCB is being controled by BCCI and BCCI wants PCB under their control for as long as it is possible..they want to control PCB for many reasons.. one of the reason is ICL.. they want PCB to ban any players who play ICL... BCCI is bailing PCB out and supporting them for their political reason.. they are not doing it for the cricket cause.. now you make whatever judgment you want out of that.. but that is what i meant..
    Poor misunderstood you.......

So the PCB is being controlled by the BCCI who want the PCB to ban Yusufs & Razzaqs. You mention that the BCCI is not supporting the PCB for the cricket cause, but for political reasons. You then mention "many reasons". What are these many reasons? Please elaborate.

i never said that if PCB leave razzaq and yousuf out of the team... other countries would tour pakistan.. to you it might sound like that since you r lacking the ability of rational thinking..but i never meant it that way..
    Why not, because as you said the BCCI wants the PCB to ban these Yusufs and Razzaqs, if the PCB ban them then there should be no reason why the BCCI (as you said) should not force everyone to tour Pakistan. Is there something that I have missed in you great conspiracy theory?

Banned
    Sad to see Akthar's career derailed for the nth time. Should be his last.

Court suspends PCB ban on ICL players

ICL players can now take part in domestic cricket tournaments in Pakistan. Obviously a legal action to address International cricket is next. Ironically, it may not matter as Pakistani players/teams may be unwanted in India due to the current tensions between the two countries.

Cricinfo - Pakistan blocks its players from IPL

Pakistan has barred its players from participating in the IPL after its foreign ministry deemed it was unsafe for the cricketers to travel to India in the wake of the November terrorist attacks in Mumbai.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Precambrian View Post
    Why is that comical? At the risk of derailing this thread once again, I would think that in the current atmosphere there is some level of risk to Pakistani players. Even in "normal" times, groups like the VHP have made death threats against visiting Pakistani sides. It's not inconceivable to me that they or another extremist group might target Pakistani players right now when sentiments against Pakistan are quite high. Having said all that, I'm sure India would've provided adequate security if asked. To me it's all a moot point anyway because I doubt Pakistani players would even be wanted in IPL or ICL franchises.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Didn't relate them, just noted that I don't like them. Too many chefs spoil the broth.

I've always felt that teams without a solid leadership played more poorly than those under a strong leadership foundation. Now this isn't something you can compare across other teams but only with your own team. If NZ swapped captains every other match I'm sure we'd be by far the worst international team. India on the other hand have finally found a new long term captain in Dhoni, South Africa in Smith, Sri Lanka in Mahela, NZ in Vettori and Australia in Ponting.

I like a captain to have a good long tenure in any international team, defines the way they play the game.
    But when a captain is successful, he stays the captain, giving the illusion that it was the fact that there was only one captain over a long period of time that caused the success.

It's the same issue that comes up when someone looks at England around their peak in 2004/05 (or any successful team) and says "...and one of the keys to that was a settled lineup!" They had a settled lineup because the players kept performing and you don't change a winning formula. Good players stay in the team, bad players don't. Good players win cricket matches, bad players don't. Therefore, teams that win cricket matches tend to have a settled lineup. It's not the settled lineup that causes the wins, and it's fallacies like these that lead to Ian Bell-end being selected repeatedly.

To bring it back round to the topic, i think that makes it fair enough for Pakistan to remove Malik from captaincy if they think he's no good. There's nothing worse than keeping a useless captain in charge for the sake of having the same captain for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

U19 12th Man
    Amusing thread, so basically how is this not spam ? If most of this whole thread is junk, for e.g. the argument that BCCI proposes to put PCB in exile when PCB are doing it themselves by failing to recognise their own failings. The war between ICL and IPL lured few bit part Pakistani players and two main players(Yousuf and Razzaq) and perhaps the likes of Rana and Saqlain who could have still played a part but other than that, the ICL vs IPL has nothing to do with the crisis Pakistan finds itself in. Cricket is suffering universally, it is mostly due to a lack of leadership, this was hidden due to Inzi's great leadership skills, he kept the team together and made them gel as a unit and more importantly made everyone play for the country, something that doesn't seem to be very high on a lot of people's list in Pakistan.
    Viv Richards-One Day Cricket is like Fast Food no one wants to cook.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Why is that comical? At the risk of derailing this thread once again, I would think that in the current atmosphere there is some level of risk to Pakistani players. Even in "normal" times, groups like the VHP have made death threats against visiting Pakistani sides. It's not inconceivable to me that they or another extremist group might target Pakistani players right now when sentiments against Pakistan are quite high. Having said all that, I'm sure India would've provided adequate security if asked. To me it's all a moot point anyway because I doubt Pakistani players would even be wanted in IPL or ICL franchises.
    No I was laughing at the potential consequence on the IPL as a result of Pakistani players not playing. Only Raj Royals are hit, as the lose Sohail Tanvir, Deccan Chargers will be relieved not to pay for Afridi. so will be Kolkota as regards to Butt and Akthar.

ICL however has received a death blow with the ban.

Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information