Cricket Player Manager
Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 784
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pakistan Cricket news/views

  1. #76
    State 12th Man godofcricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    it seems like you you want to go back and talk about PCB and BCCI relationship before 2004 how about this.. around late 2000 and 2001 india denied playing with pakistan at any occation no mater what kind of tournment it was.. they also cancel their tour of pakistan.. don't u think that Cause PCB money and financial loss. So you r saying BCCI Bailed PCB out when they were the reason at fist when pakistan went to that financial crises.. and PCB should be thankful for it.. it is like ..hey we screwed you at first but we are bailing you out so you should be thankful for that..
    I understand your point of view but you cannot mix decisions based on political reasons.
    Wasim Akram: The most sKiLlFuL bowler in history!

    Mcgrath said he is fond of the genius "Akram would power through the crease and do whatever he wanted with the old and new ball"

    Allan Border "If I ever get a chance to be reborn as a cricketer, I would want to be Wasim"

    Richards, Tendulkar and Waugh described Akram as the most dangerous bowler they had ever faced.

    > > > Wasims Magic Delivery. Late Swing. Hatrick. < < <

  2. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rahmaniverse
    Posts
    7,358
    Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    first of all i never said BCCI must try and get other nations play in pakistan.. i said if they wanted.. just as they wanted england to tour india right after Mumbai terriost attack.. it isn't my fault when you can't draw perspective despite me trying to clearly explaining my position. i may have said that if BCCI wants to be a supporter of PCB.. they should try to get them afew tours..but it is the other way.. the recently cancel their tour.. so more financial crises and more control over PCB by BCCI due to financial reasons..

    it seems like you you want to go back and talk about PCB and BCCI relationship before 2004 how about this.. around late 2000 and 2001 india denied playing with pakistan at any occation no mater what kind of tournment it was.. they also cancel their tour of pakistan.. don't u think that Cause PCB money and financial loss. So you r saying BCCI Bailed PCB out when they were the reason at fist when pakistan went to that financial crises.. and PCB should be thankful for it.. it is like ..hey we screwed you at first but we are bailing you out so you should be thankful for that..
    Hardly. Pakistan was in deep mire because of their internal conflicts, and Australia would not tour them.

    Secondly, just as India didnt tour Pakistan, Pakistan also refused to tour India during the 90s, except for the Asian Test Championship.

    BCCI had hardly any control over the issue, as it was a political decision, thanks to the Kargil infiltration etc etc.

  3. #78
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    PCB did loose something like 40 million due to recent series cancellation.
    They could claim it, if they wanted, No one is stopping them from asking the BCCI to pay for that loss. I am sure BCCI have the Demand Draft ready.

  4. #79
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    The only reason PCB is having financiall problem is because there is no international matches.. all those tours that have been canceled lately hurt them financilly.
    Okay we get the point. But who is really responsible for those cancellations ? I hope you dont blame BCCI for the tours that were canceled by other countries.

    I am not blaming BCCI for using their politics to cancel all those tours..because i can't prove that much fact.. but i can tell you this much that if BCCI wanted any series to happen in pakistan.. they would make it happen..
    Two Questions :-

    a. Why should BCCI force other nations to send their players to Pakistan esp when the security arrangements are not in their control ?

    b. Do you read any newpaper, watch any news in any form, because If you did, you would have noticed that BCCI have always tried to persuade other countries to tour Pakistan.

    BCCI could use the same politicis and power that they used to have England toured...BCCI could use its power to have Aus tour pakistan or at least they could make Champions trohphy happen in pakistan...in media and on papers BCCI showes that they are a strong supporter of PcB.. but in reality they their worst enemy..
    In Reality or In your opinion ?

    here is the reason why i believe that.. BCCI wants PCB to be under his power.. they want PCB to have financial probelms so they can come and ask them for the help.. in return what BCCI wants is to ban all ICL players from Playing international cricket for pakistan.. PCB is soo stupied that they are willing to Sacrifice the career of such playes like razaq and yousuf to keep BCCI happy.. i mean where else you see this type of stupidity.. i mean New zealand is another country that i can name that they lost one of their best player shane bond to ICL.. other cricket boards.. would never ever do that..
    So which other country had its best players signed for ICL ? As far as Yousuf is concerned, the guy has NO Integrity of any kind. His Integrity start/ends with money. He has not made any sacrifice for anyone except for himself. While I respect his right to earn money whichever way he decides to, I have no respect for his character.


  5. #80
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    it seems like you you want to go back and talk about PCB and BCCI relationship before 2004 how about this.. around late 2000 and 2001 india denied playing with pakistan at any occation no mater what kind of tournment it was.. they also cancel their tour of pakistan.. don't u think that Cause PCB money and financial loss. So you r saying BCCI Bailed PCB out when they were the reason at fist when pakistan went to that financial crises.. and PCB should be thankful for it.. it is like ..hey we screwed you at first but we are bailing you out so you should be thankful for that..
    BCCI is/was within its rights to play/refuse any meaningless series except if it was part of the FTP.

  6. #81
    State Vice-Captain sirdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sydney(currently)
    Posts
    1,398
    Actually the BCCI has had a secret dossier on Miandad ever since that last ball 6 in Sharjah.

  7. #82
    State Vice-Captain sirdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sydney(currently)
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    here is what my opinion in this issue is... it is my opinion people are welcome to dissagree
    While you are high up there on your soapbox why not blame Bush for starting the "War on Terror" on those 'peaceful' Al Qaida chaps and then arm-twisting Pakistan in the mess too. Thus resulting in all those canceled tours.

    Oh wait a minute...........maybe the BCCI got Bush to arm-twist Pakistan.

    Evil Evil BCCI .

  8. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rahmaniverse
    Posts
    7,358
    Quote Originally Posted by sirdj View Post
    Actually the BCCI has had a secret dossier on Miandad ever since that last ball 6 in Sharjah.
    Is it Inzi in your avatarr?

  9. #84
    First Class Debutant
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    905
    At last some good news for pakistan. YK is the new captain.And the constant whiner Miandad is leaving .What more u want ?

  10. #85
    State Vice-Captain sirdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sydney(currently)
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    in media and on papers BCCI showes that they are a strong supporter of PcB.. but in reality they their worst enemy..
    here is the reason why i believe that.. BCCI wants PCB to be under his power.. they want PCB to have financial probelms so they can come and ask them for the help.. in return what BCCI wants is to ban all ICL players from Playing international cricket for pakistan.
    Even if we assume all that CRAP you say is somewhat true, then in that case all Pakistan had to do to get out of jail was to throw 2 guys out of the team and they would be back in business. The sun would be shining. Australia SA, NZ and England would be jumping up and down to tour Pakistan and money would be pouring down the PCB coffers.

    But the PCB thought that "Nah Razzaq and Yusuf are bigger than the future of Pakistan Cricket, hence Bugger Off BCCI" ???

    Boy is that real la-la land stuff.
    Last edited by sirdj; 29-01-2009 at 10:45 PM.

  11. #86
    State Vice-Captain sirdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sydney(currently)
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Precambrian View Post
    Is it Inzi in your avatarr?
    Who else could it be?
    Last edited by sirdj; 29-01-2009 at 10:44 PM.

  12. #87
    First Class Debutant
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    905
    So some of u guys want has beens back into the team .

  13. #88
    State Vice-Captain sirdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sydney(currently)
    Posts
    1,398


    errrr........I mean funnygirl?

  14. #89
    State Captain haroon510's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    california united states
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Okay we get the point. But who is really responsible for those cancellations ? I hope you dont blame BCCI for the tours that were canceled by other countries.



    Two Questions :-

    a. Why should BCCI force other nations to send their players to Pakistan esp when the security arrangements are not in their control ?

    b. Do you read any newpaper, watch any news in any form, because If you did, you would have noticed that BCCI have always tried to persuade other countries to tour Pakistan.



    In Reality or In your opinion ?



    So which other country had its best players signed for ICL ? As far as Yousuf is concerned, the guy has NO Integrity of any kind. His Integrity start/ends with money. He has not made any sacrifice for anyone except for himself. While I respect his right to earn money whichever way he decides to, I have no respect for his character.
    i never said BCCI is responsible for those canceled tours.. i just think that if BCCI wanted they would tour pakistan..that is how much power they have..


    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    BCCI is/was within its rights to play/refuse any meaningless series except if it was part of the FTP.
    we are talking about canceled tours no mater what kind is.. no mater what kind of series or match it is.. both counties end up with money.. after a series or match..considering that we are talking about financial problem.. it helps to mention it.

    Quote Originally Posted by sirdj View Post
    While you are high up there on your soapbox why not blame Bush for starting the "War on Terror" on those 'peaceful' Al Qaida chaps and then arm-twisting Pakistan in the mess too. Thus resulting in all those canceled tours.

    Oh wait a minute...........maybe the BCCI got Bush to arm-twist Pakistan.

    Evil Evil BCCI .
    i don't wana talk about politics here... so stop it.. if you don't have anything to say regarding cricket.. just don't bother commenting..

    Quote Originally Posted by sirdj View Post
    Even if we assume all that CRAP you say is somewhat true, then in that case all Pakistan had to do to get out of jail was to throw 2 guys out of the team and they would be back in business. The sun would be shining. Australia SA, NZ and England would be jumping up and down to tour Pakistan and money would be pouring down the PCB coffers.

    But the PCB thought that "Nah Razzaq and Yusuf are bigger than the future of Pakistan Cricket, hence Bugger Off BCCI" ???

    Boy is that real la-la land stuff.
    First of all you r talking about two different issues and geting two issues mixed.. while i have said that BCCI wants to to have PCB under their control and make sure pakistan keep those playes who play in ICL ban. i have never said that this has to do with tours being canceled.. i think u should read the post first..before you comment..

  15. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rahmaniverse
    Posts
    7,358
    You cannot simply go on blaming BCCI and yet burrow your head in the sand as regards to the political reasons behind them.

Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cricket Coach 2009 - Help wanted - New logo
    By Oli Norwell in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-01-2009, 04:53 AM
  2. Night cricket?
    By AlanJLegend in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-01-2009, 05:00 AM
  3. Any new cricket games coming out on ps2??
    By dezza1994 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-01-2009, 04:36 AM
  4. Welcome Mathew Sinclair to Cricket Web!
    By James in forum Cricket Web Forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-01-2009, 07:47 PM
  5. Best Cricket Sledges - PLZ READ
    By matts20891 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-01-2009, 04:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •