Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 782
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pakistan Cricket news/views

  1. #61
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Precambrian View Post
    For all the **** that is BCCI, PCB would have been dead and buried but for their timely monetary assistances. Talk about stabbing from behind or whatever.
    PCB did loose something like 40 million due to recent series cancellation.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rahmaniverse
    Posts
    7,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    PCB did loose something like 40 million due to recent series cancellation.
    Let's not take it there. There were valid reasons for BCCI cancelling the tour. It was never security problems, but advice from the Indian Govt not to tour there considering the political situation. Obviously, BCCI could not say no to that.

    And when nobody else would tour Pakistan, weren't we who took the initiative and toured there in the past? Why are you stating only the losses and not the gains?

  3. #63
    State Captain haroon510's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    california united states
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Precambrian View Post
    For all the **** that is BCCI, PCB would have been dead and buried but for their timely monetary assistances. Talk about stabbing from behind or whatever.
    here is what my opinion in this issue is... it is my opinion people are welcome to dissagree...the only reason PCB is having financiall problem is because there is no international matches.. all those tours that have been canceled lately hurt them financilly..i am not blaming BCCI for using their politics to cancel all those tours..because i can't prove that much fact.. but i can tell you this much that if BCCI wanted any series to happen in pakistan.. they would make it happen.. BCCI could use the same politicis and power that they used to have England toured...BCCI could use its power to have Aus tour pakistan or at least they could make Champions trohphy happen in pakistan...in media and on papers BCCI showes that they are a strong supporter of PcB.. but in reality they their worst enemy..
    here is the reason why i believe that.. BCCI wants PCB to be under his power.. they want PCB to have financial probelms so they can come and ask them for the help.. in return what BCCI wants is to ban all ICL players from Playing international cricket for pakistan.. PCB is soo stupied that they are willing to Sacrifice the career of such playes like razaq and yousuf to keep BCCI happy.. i mean where else you see this type of stupidity.. i mean New zealand is another country that i can name that they lost one of their best player shane bond to ICL.. other cricket boards.. would never ever do that..

  4. #64
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Precambrian View Post
    Let's not take it there. There were valid reasons for BCCI cancelling the tour. It was never security problems, but advice from the Indian Govt not to tour there considering the political situation. Obviously, BCCI could not say no to that.

    And when nobody else would tour Pakistan, weren't we who took the initiative and toured there in the past? Why are you stating only the losses and not the gains?
    The tours that you are talking about were already scheduled tour (Asia Cup) so its not like BCCI went out of their way just to help PCB, other members of Asian bloc did pay the visit as well not just BCCI . Everybody and their daddy knows that BCCI was all doing this for their own self interest as they did not want to loose a valuable vote in ICC as well have PCB support regarding banning of ICL players.


  5. #65
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,497
    I don't understand how this thread turned into PCB vs. BCCI debate.

  6. #66
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,506
    In the ongoing Quaid-e-Azam trophy Arafat took 9-38 while good to see Afridi got a 10 ball duck

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rahmaniverse
    Posts
    7,358
    Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    here is what my opinion in this issue is... it is my opinion people are welcome to dissagree...the only reason PCB is having financiall problem is because there is no international matches.. all those tours that have been canceled lately hurt them financilly..i am not blaming BCCI for using their politics to cancel all those tours..because i can't prove that much fact.. but i can tell you this much that if BCCI wanted any series to happen in pakistan.. they would make it happen.. BCCI could use the same politicis and power that they used to have England toured...BCCI could use its power to have Aus tour pakistan or at least they could make Champions trohphy happen in pakistan...in media and on papers BCCI showes that they are a strong supporter of PcB.. but in reality they their worst enemy..
    here is the reason why i believe that.. BCCI wants PCB to be under his power.. they want PCB to have financial probelms so they can come and ask them for the help.. in return what BCCI wants is to ban all ICL players from Playing international cricket for pakistan.. PCB is soo stupied that they are willing to Sacrifice the career of such playes like razaq and yousuf to keep BCCI happy.. i mean where else you see this type of stupidity.. i mean New zealand is another country that i can name that they lost one of their best player shane bond to ICL.. other cricket boards.. would never ever do that..
    I cannot believe this.

    In one post you say BCCI is interfering with PCB's activities.

    Next post you say BCCI must try and get other nations play in Pakistan.

    Get some perspective first man. And PCB ran into financial troubles long back even before the recent cancellations started taking place. If am not terribly wrong, they were in serious trouble in 2004, and were bailed out when we toured there, the first tour of us there in ages. BCCI did what it can to increase confidence of other non-Asian nations to participate in the Champions Trophy by actively participating in the Asia Cup.

    With all this, what is it getting in return? Nothing but dire stick from ungrateful guys like you. Why should BCCI care its arse to help out PCB by "making" Australia tour Pakistan? It is absolutely none of its business. Get a life dude.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rahmaniverse
    Posts
    7,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    In the ongoing Quaid-e-Azam trophy Arafat took 9-38 while good to see Afridi got a 10 ball duck
    Atleast he lasted 9 balls without playing false shots, or all those were pokes?

  9. #69
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    In the ongoing Quaid-e-Azam trophy Arafat took 9-38 while good to see Afridi got a 10 ball duck
    Xuhaib are there any links to scorecards or match reports for the trophy?

  10. #70
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Xuhaib are there any links to scorecards or match reports for the trophy?
    Pakistan Cricket Board - official website

  11. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rahmaniverse
    Posts
    7,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    The tours that you are talking about were already scheduled tour (Asia Cup) so its not like BCCI went out of their way just to help PCB, other members of Asian bloc did pay the visit as well not just BCCI . Everybody and their daddy knows that BCCI was all doing this for their own self interest as they did not want to loose a valuable vote in ICC as well have PCB support regarding banning of ICL players.
    Wow. 8)

    BCCI should get exactly this sort of ungrateful comments from Pakistani people.

    Had it nudged one of it's fingers, none of the nations would have toured Pakistan and the Asia Cup scheduled in India or Sri Lanka on the premise of security. Despite all the anti-Pak pressure at home, BCCI decided to go ahead and participate in that. BCCI can do well without Pakistan's vote in the ICC. What does PCB think? Even CA and ECB have become close to BCCI. So PCB has no virtual "bloc" to go to,

    And how many times BCCI saved PCB's arses by scheduling a tour every one year since 2004, that it has become boring? Who but India have toured Pakistan most times in the last one decade???

    Just one tour they didnt do because of direct instruction from the Indian Government. Yet the brickbats are up.

  12. #72
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by susudear View Post
    Wow. 8)

    BCCI should get exactly this sort of ungrateful comments from Pakistani people.

    Had it nudged one of it's fingers, none of the nations would have toured Pakistan and the Asia Cup scheduled in India or Sri Lanka on the premise of security. Despite all the anti-Pak pressure at home, BCCI decided to go ahead and participate in that. BCCI can do well without Pakistan's vote in the ICC. What does PCB think? Even CA and ECB have become close to BCCI. So PCB has no virtual "bloc" to go to,

    And how many times BCCI saved PCB's arses by scheduling a tour every one year since 2004, that it has become boring? Who but India have toured Pakistan most times in the last one decade???

    Just one tour they didnt do because of direct instruction from the Indian Government. Yet the brickbats are up.
    at the amount of rubbish in your post.

    FYI India is not the only nation that has toured Pakistan. SL, Zim and Bangladesh have toured Pak on their own accord and currently SL were on tour despite a disapproval from the India govt, so yes there are even limitations to BCCI bullishness. Can you elaborate on why the pressure BCCI had at home for their Asia cup tour. It would have been pretty ridiculous for a country to cancel a cricket tour for security reasons when in their own country terrorist are gun trotting freely on sub ways, train stations and hotel lobbies.

    Yes! BCCI can do well without a PCB vote now and hence the sudden change in stance, the money making potential of IPL has forced the ECB and CA to go to bed with BCCI thus completely eliminating the need of having an Asian Bloc stance, before that everybody knows it was Asian Bloc vs others and BCCI needed PCB support asmuch as PCB needed BCCI's support.

    As for yearly scheduling of tours, again no ass saving done as much as you want to believe, that was just to cover for the FTP since Pak and India had not played for past five years and the series were highly lucrative for BCCI so it was just a case of you scratch my back and I scratch yours.
    Last edited by Xuhaib; 29-01-2009 at 10:00 AM.

  13. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rahmaniverse
    Posts
    7,358
    First of all, it's unfunny when you refer me to with that irritating name.

    Secondly, you say my post is crap, yet gives no proof to establish the same.

    Thirdly, please read my post carefully. I said, "who toured Pakistan most times". Bangers and Zimb toured there for the ODIs. India have toured there atleast 2 times and hosted them 2 times in the last years, full series that is, test series. So, you say India has done nothing in regards to improving Pakistan's finances + image? Blah.

  14. #74
    State Captain haroon510's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    california united states
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Precambrian View Post
    I cannot believe this.

    In one post you say BCCI is interfering with PCB's activities.

    Next post you say BCCI must try and get other nations play in Pakistan.

    Get some perspective first man. And PCB ran into financial troubles long back even before the recent cancellations started taking place. If am not terribly wrong, they were in serious trouble in 2004, and were bailed out when we toured there, the first tour of us there in ages. BCCI did what it can to increase confidence of other non-Asian nations to participate in the Champions Trophy by actively participating in the Asia Cup.

    With all this, what is it getting in return? Nothing but dire stick from ungrateful guys like you. Why should BCCI care its arse to help out PCB by "making" Australia tour Pakistan? It is absolutely none of its business. Get a life dude.

    first of all i never said BCCI must try and get other nations play in pakistan.. i said if they wanted.. just as they wanted england to tour india right after Mumbai terriost attack.. it isn't my fault when you can't draw perspective despite me trying to clearly explaining my position. i may have said that if BCCI wants to be a supporter of PCB.. they should try to get them afew tours..but it is the other way.. the recently cancel their tour.. so more financial crises and more control over PCB by BCCI due to financial reasons..

    it seems like you you want to go back and talk about PCB and BCCI relationship before 2004 how about this.. around late 2000 and 2001 india denied playing with pakistan at any occation no mater what kind of tournment it was.. they also cancel their tour of pakistan.. don't u think that Cause PCB money and financial loss. So you r saying BCCI Bailed PCB out when they were the reason at fist when pakistan went to that financial crises.. and PCB should be thankful for it.. it is like ..hey we screwed you at first but we are bailing you out so you should be thankful for that..
    Last edited by haroon510; 29-01-2009 at 02:42 PM.

  15. #75
    State 12th Man godofcricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Posts
    724
    I completely agree with the article from cricinfo that fusion posted. I think pcb really need to understand the ground realities, they can only push a team to come and play to a certain level, if it doesn’t work out then they have to settle with something which is best for both teams i.e. neutral venue. looking at the current political scenario, the situation in Pakistan is not going to get any better in the next 3-5 years, in fact its likely to get worse(hope I am proved wrong) so they have to start looking for alternatives.
    Wasim Akram: The most sKiLlFuL bowler in history!

    Mcgrath said he is fond of the genius "Akram would power through the crease and do whatever he wanted with the old and new ball"

    Allan Border "If I ever get a chance to be reborn as a cricketer, I would want to be Wasim"

    Richards, Tendulkar and Waugh described Akram as the most dangerous bowler they had ever faced.

    > > > Wasims Magic Delivery. Late Swing. Hatrick. < < <

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cricket Coach 2009 - Help wanted - New logo
    By Oli Norwell in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-01-2009, 03:53 AM
  2. Night cricket?
    By AlanJLegend in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-01-2009, 04:00 AM
  3. Any new cricket games coming out on ps2??
    By dezza1994 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-01-2009, 03:36 AM
  4. Welcome Mathew Sinclair to Cricket Web!
    By James in forum Cricket Web Forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-01-2009, 06:47 PM
  5. Best Cricket Sledges - PLZ READ
    By matts20891 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-01-2009, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •