• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

Ulzan69

Banned
congratulation to
Babar Azam for Vice captain
for 6 matches vs Sri lanka
Sarfaraz Ahmed will captain vs Sri lanka
For 6 Limited over games who has poor
record as test captain

Ulzan69

Banned
Good Luck Thirimanne { ODI CAPTAIN }
and Shanaka { t20i captain}
in pakistan

kusal Mendis injured during NZ series
pull himself out

Sri lanka announced teams

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Day 1 of QeA under the new regions only format. A kookaburra ball will be used. Aaaand that's 2 centuries on day 1 in both matches. Glad to see this is receiving coverage. Shoddy highlights but it's a start.

vcs

I think they want to give their batsmen more of a chance at building innings.

trundler

I think they want to give their batsmen more of a chance at building innings.
I think it's that. Batting returns have been meagre. A big reason is under-prepared pitches. Both pitches looked pretty good yesterday. The Australia tour is coming up too.

trundler

Fairly happy with it. Always wondered why they had such a chaotic system. Made no sense. There were way too many teams too. Fewer teams should make it more competitive. A ruined economy is a price well worth paying. Well done Immy!

I also do not like players switching between feams so often. Umar Akmal shouldn't be playing for Balochistan, for example. They should have residency qualifications like County. I'm glad that QeA is receiving more coverage now. It's never had a following like Shield or CC, even among fanatics. The new format and the YouTube live stream should help with that as people would have teams they can identify with now.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So, who is Pakistan going to dredge up to fill the bowing ranks on the Australia tour, considering both Amir and Wahab have pitched out. I think Shaheen might be one if he's fit, but you never know what surprises the Pak selectors will pull.

I wonder who the spinner will be, and if Yasir can improve on his average of 84.

vcs

Looking forward to how Abbas does there. He could thrive if there's a day-night match.

Abbas-Afridi-Shah will probably be definite starters but no idea about the fourth guy. Hopefully not Hasan Ali.

vcs

He's really good TBH. Utterly pwned Australia on UAE tracks last time, so he's got the skill set.

smash84

The Tiger King
Looking forward to how Abbas does there. He could thrive if there's a day-night match.

Abbas-Afridi-Shah will probably be definite starters but no idea about the fourth guy. Hopefully not Hasan Ali.
Hasan Ali was never really seriously seen as a test prospect.

I don't think he's now seriously seen as a LO prospect either (given his performance in the last year or so).

But the new system looks promising and we might just see some completely new faces being thrown up. Although i get the feeling that for the first year or so we will see familiar faces.

vcs

Going with small sample size and possible injury as an explanation for that one.

Moves the ball both ways, very skilled operator.

vcs

Hasan Ali was never really seriously seen as a test prospect.

I don't think he's now seriously seen as a LO prospect either (given his performance in the last year or so).

But the new system looks promising and we might just see some completely new faces being thrown up. Although i get the feeling that for the first year or so we will see familiar faces.
He played a fair few Tests over the last year or so. But recently his bowling has dropped off alarmingly in all formats so he definitely shouldn't be making the Test team at this point.

smash84

The Tiger King
He played a fair few Tests over the last year or so. But recently his bowling has dropped off alarmingly in all formats so he definitely shouldn't be making the Test team at this point.
Yes, he did play a fair few tests. But even in the tests that he did well i thought he was really feeding off of other bowlers.