Cricket Player Manager
Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pakistan Cricket news/views

The selection of Kamran Akmal, arguably the worst keeper most have seen in their lifetime, would bring shame on the team.
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    The selection of Kamran Akmal, arguably the worst keeper most have seen in their lifetime, would bring shame on the team.
    Try explaining this to Loser Z-Man
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Try explaining this to Loser Z-Man

Keep in mind that I am arguing for Kamran only in T20 and purely based on talent & stats. One can not argue against the immense potential he has as a batsmen and perhaps a keeper. I remember when he entered the team in place of Moin Khan, he was the 'next' big thing.
    I think most of us Remember the famous India v Pak test where he single-handedly won the game.

So the potential is certainly there but the hatred has increased so much that people tend to forget that he has the most potential in domestic cricket. We saw that in T20 Faysal Bank tournament as well.
    In Pakistan, we require an explosive opening batsmen and Kamran is one of them. Other option is to bring in Imran Nazir and play Umar as a keeper.
    Last edited by Z-Man; 03-04-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    "When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?" - John Maynard Keynes

Just found this in PP. Next to Gilchrist in terms of dismissals per innings. Not a bad choice eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Just found this in PP. Next to Gilchrist in terms of dismissals per innings. Not a bad choice eh?

this despite dropping 80 + catches in last few years, would have probably taken some of those dropped catches later on.

I would still not want him to be the keeper

There is no point in dropping a batsman on 0 then take his catch when he has already scored 100, doesn't matter how hard/beautiful the catch is.
    Last edited by unam; 03-04-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unam View Post

There is no point in dropping a batsman on 0 then take his catch when he has already scored 100, doesn't matter how hard/beautiful the catch is.
    AWTA

Also These stats do not show how many he dropped and how far ahead of the table he would have been had he caught on to those 86 chances.

Add those 86 chances and his ratio becomes 2.95.

Those 86 missed dismissals also means that for every 5 catches he caught he dropped 2

I can't imagine a worse keeper in history
    Last edited by smalishah84; 03-04-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Yet this shows that Kamran is still better than the lot we have in our domestic and international i.e Sarfaraz,Adnan and Umar.

My point still holds. Kamran deserves to be ahead of the other 3 as a "keeper batsmen" in T20 international.

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    AWTA

Those 86 missed dismissals also means that for every 5 catches he caught he dropped 2

I can't imagine a worse keeper in history
    Bring Umar Akmal in equation. He took 3 catches and dropped/shuffled 2 potential stumps + a drop chance in a couple of English matches.

Sarfaraz and Adnan do not count since their batting is not up to mark for T20.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Yet this shows that Kamran is still better than the lot we have in our domestic and international i.e Sarfaraz,Adnan and Umar.

My point still holds. Kamran deserves to be ahead of the other 3 as a "keeper batsmen" in T20 international.
    As a batsman YES as a keeper NO. OVERALL NO

Quote Originally Posted by unam View Post
    As a batsman YES as a keeper NO. OVERALL NO
    This

How! In T20, he still is a better choice than Kamran.
    Take out all the hatred from your mind and think with a cool mind.

In T20 he is a better batsmen than Adnan and Co where as he is a better keeper than Umar.
    Shan't he get a nod ahead of others?

You really don't/shouldn't need that much proper batting depth in T20 cricket and part-time bowlers are still effective on a lot of surfaces, so it's one format where you should be able to pick a genuine keeper pretty much all of the time, even if your bloke isn't an international standard batsman.

If he's one of the best T20 batsmen available then pick him as a batsman by all means but leave the gloves with someone who can catch.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    You really don't/shouldn't need that much proper batting depth in T20 cricket and part-time bowlers are still effective on a lot of surfaces, so it's one format where you should be able to pick a genuine keeper pretty much all of the time, even if your bloke isn't an international standard batsman.

If he's one of the best T20 batsmen available then pick him as a batsman by all means but leave the gloves with someone who can catch.
    we can't even pick him as a batsman because then he will bring his dirty politics with him and will screw up the atmosphere of dressing room again.

haha....thanks so much PEWS....you rid us of Z-Man

Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread Information