Cricket Player Manager
Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pakistan Cricket news/views

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Interesting News I'm hearing.

1. Ian Pont is a contender for the Pak bowling coach job. This is the guy Akhtar recommends and he is obsessed with pace. Will help our bowlers increase their pace. But is a a good bowling coach though. And how good is he with seam and swing?

2. Pakistan will play a lot of their games in Sri Lanka. First the series against Sri Lanka, then ODI series against the Aussies in Lanka and then finally the T20 WC.

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Interesting News I'm hearing.

1. Ian Pont is a contender for the Pak bowling coach job. This is the guy Akhtar recommends and he is obsessed with pace. Will help our bowlers increase their pace. But is a a good bowling coach though. And how good is he with seam and swing?

2. Pakistan will play a lot of their games in Sri Lanka. First the series against Sri Lanka, then ODI series against the Aussies in Lanka and then finally the T20 WC.
    Would like to see Pont get a more high-profile assignment (no detriment to his other roles to date) so we can have a real look at his capabilities when it comes to improving and working with quick bowlers.

I know increasing a bowlers pace and working with quicks appears to be one of his strengths, pretty sure he put in some work with Dale Steyn some years ago when Steyn was at Essex, think he got an extra yard out of Darren Gough in his later years and has had some good input with Graham Napier at Essex. Plenty of bowlers he's worked with speak highly of Pont, and I'm sure there's more to him than just focusing on a bowlers speed.

Pakistan's bowlers are generally not short of a yard of pace so it would be a good challenge for Pont to work on the subtleties of pace bowling. Hope he gets it so we can how he operates more in the public eye.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Pont used to post on this forum. Bit of a weird bloke; has huge raps as a coach of young bowlers though (Atul Sharma aside ). I wonder how he'd adapt that to older, more established bowlers though - doesn't really seem like the type to just make minor adjustments to improve someone. Tear it down and start again kind of guy.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    I hope Pont can do a good job with our pacers.Our fast bowling resources look thin compared to the ones we had a few years ago.Or perhaps a spinner is our strikebowler,and that is not something that you can expect a Pakistan attack to look like.Either way,i'd love it if he can groom Junaid Khan.Work on his fitness first and foremost,since he seems to have a body made of glass.

Also,does anyone know when we will tour South Africa next?We last toured them in 2007,and surely the our next tour should be around the corner.Is it at the end of this year?
    Last edited by salman85; 24-03-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Yas
    Congrats Sialkot for winning the T20. Someone please tell the PCB that Imran Nazir MUST be in the Pak T20 team!!!! Keep him away from the ODI and Test scene but surely he's one of the most consistent T20 performers in the history of the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Nazir maybe a crap batsman, but I guess he is suited to the T20 format. However would you really want him in the team because he was involved in kidnapping someone.

Yas
    Nazir maybe a crap batsman, but I guess he is suited to the T20 format. However would you really want him in the team because he was involved in kidnapping someone.
    Let's not even go there with that comment! You know these things are pre requisites to gaining your place as an international cricketer in Pakistan!!

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    However would you really want him in the team because he was involved in kidnapping someone.
    At least that's an offence that's not actually related to the game.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    What?
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

In a sense, I am sad that Sialkot has won this.. because i have a feeling that shoaib malik maybe added to the 20/20 team and even be elected the captain. Pak team is finally doing a little better... the last thing we need is players like malik and kamran akmal to make a come back.
    SALMAM KHAN The real king and Baadshah of Bollywood!!!!!!!!

no.....please no khatmal....please

Imran Nazir should be in T20 and please no more katmal and Malik.

why should Nazir be in the side what did he do that others like Shezad, Sazaib, Jamshed and Khalid Latif did not do?

yeah.,...Imran Nazir has had plenty of chances and hasn't performed at the international stage

as Xuhaib points out that others have done much the same

Ian Pont is rubbish, believe me.

He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.
    "When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?" - John Maynard Keynes

Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread Information