• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

Xuhaib

International Coach
For all the **** that is BCCI, PCB would have been dead and buried but for their timely monetary assistances. Talk about stabbing from behind or whatever.
PCB did loose something like 40 million due to recent series cancellation.

Precambrian

Banned
Let's not take it there. There were valid reasons for BCCI cancelling the tour. It was never security problems, but advice from the Indian Govt not to tour there considering the political situation. Obviously, BCCI could not say no to that.

And when nobody else would tour Pakistan, weren't we who took the initiative and toured there in the past? Why are you stating only the losses and not the gains?

haroon510

International 12th Man
For all the **** that is BCCI, PCB would have been dead and buried but for their timely monetary assistances. Talk about stabbing from behind or whatever.
here is what my opinion in this issue is... it is my opinion people are welcome to dissagree...the only reason PCB is having financiall problem is because there is no international matches.. all those tours that have been canceled lately hurt them financilly..i am not blaming BCCI for using their politics to cancel all those tours..because i can't prove that much fact.. but i can tell you this much that if BCCI wanted any series to happen in pakistan.. they would make it happen.. BCCI could use the same politicis and power that they used to have England toured...BCCI could use its power to have Aus tour pakistan or at least they could make Champions trohphy happen in pakistan...in media and on papers BCCI showes that they are a strong supporter of PcB.. but in reality they their worst enemy..
here is the reason why i believe that.. BCCI wants PCB to be under his power.. they want PCB to have financial probelms so they can come and ask them for the help.. in return what BCCI wants is to ban all ICL players from Playing international cricket for pakistan.. PCB is soo stupied that they are willing to Sacrifice the career of such playes like razaq and yousuf to keep BCCI happy.. i mean where else you see this type of stupidity.. i mean New zealand is another country that i can name that they lost one of their best player shane bond to ICL.. other cricket boards.. would never ever do that..

Xuhaib

International Coach
Let's not take it there. There were valid reasons for BCCI cancelling the tour. It was never security problems, but advice from the Indian Govt not to tour there considering the political situation. Obviously, BCCI could not say no to that.

And when nobody else would tour Pakistan, weren't we who took the initiative and toured there in the past? Why are you stating only the losses and not the gains?
The tours that you are talking about were already scheduled tour (Asia Cup) so its not like BCCI went out of their way just to help PCB, other members of Asian bloc did pay the visit as well not just BCCI . Everybody and their daddy knows that BCCI was all doing this for their own self interest as they did not want to loose a valuable vote in ICC as well have PCB support regarding banning of ICL players.

Xuhaib

International Coach
In the ongoing Quaid-e-Azam trophy Arafat took 9-38:-O while good to see Afridi got a 10 ball duck:laugh:

Precambrian

Banned
here is what my opinion in this issue is... it is my opinion people are welcome to dissagree...the only reason PCB is having financiall problem is because there is no international matches.. all those tours that have been canceled lately hurt them financilly..i am not blaming BCCI for using their politics to cancel all those tours..because i can't prove that much fact.. but i can tell you this much that if BCCI wanted any series to happen in pakistan.. they would make it happen.. BCCI could use the same politicis and power that they used to have England toured...BCCI could use its power to have Aus tour pakistan or at least they could make Champions trohphy happen in pakistan...in media and on papers BCCI showes that they are a strong supporter of PcB.. but in reality they their worst enemy..
here is the reason why i believe that.. BCCI wants PCB to be under his power.. they want PCB to have financial probelms so they can come and ask them for the help.. in return what BCCI wants is to ban all ICL players from Playing international cricket for pakistan.. PCB is soo stupied that they are willing to Sacrifice the career of such playes like razaq and yousuf to keep BCCI happy.. i mean where else you see this type of stupidity.. i mean New zealand is another country that i can name that they lost one of their best player shane bond to ICL.. other cricket boards.. would never ever do that..
I cannot believe this.

In one post you say BCCI is interfering with PCB's activities.

Next post you say BCCI must try and get other nations play in Pakistan.

Get some perspective first man. And PCB ran into financial troubles long back even before the recent cancellations started taking place. If am not terribly wrong, they were in serious trouble in 2004, and were bailed out when we toured there, the first tour of us there in ages. BCCI did what it can to increase confidence of other non-Asian nations to participate in the Champions Trophy by actively participating in the Asia Cup.

With all this, what is it getting in return? Nothing but dire stick from ungrateful guys like you. Why should BCCI care its arse to help out PCB by "making" Australia tour Pakistan? It is absolutely none of its business. Get a life dude.

Precambrian

Banned
The tours that you are talking about were already scheduled tour (Asia Cup) so its not like BCCI went out of their way just to help PCB, other members of Asian bloc did pay the visit as well not just BCCI . Everybody and their daddy knows that BCCI was all doing this for their own self interest as they did not want to loose a valuable vote in ICC as well have PCB support regarding banning of ICL players.
Wow. 8)

BCCI should get exactly this sort of ungrateful comments from Pakistani people.

Had it nudged one of it's fingers, none of the nations would have toured Pakistan and the Asia Cup scheduled in India or Sri Lanka on the premise of security. Despite all the anti-Pak pressure at home, BCCI decided to go ahead and participate in that. BCCI can do well without Pakistan's vote in the ICC. What does PCB think? Even CA and ECB have become close to BCCI. So PCB has no virtual "bloc" to go to,

And how many times BCCI saved PCB's arses by scheduling a tour every one year since 2004, that it has become boring? Who but India have toured Pakistan most times in the last one decade???

Just one tour they didnt do because of direct instruction from the Indian Government. Yet the brickbats are up.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Wow. 8)

BCCI should get exactly this sort of ungrateful comments from Pakistani people.

Had it nudged one of it's fingers, none of the nations would have toured Pakistan and the Asia Cup scheduled in India or Sri Lanka on the premise of security. Despite all the anti-Pak pressure at home, BCCI decided to go ahead and participate in that. BCCI can do well without Pakistan's vote in the ICC. What does PCB think? Even CA and ECB have become close to BCCI. So PCB has no virtual "bloc" to go to,

And how many times BCCI saved PCB's arses by scheduling a tour every one year since 2004, that it has become boring? Who but India have toured Pakistan most times in the last one decade???

Just one tour they didnt do because of direct instruction from the Indian Government. Yet the brickbats are up.
:laugh: at the amount of rubbish in your post.

FYI India is not the only nation that has toured Pakistan. SL, Zim and Bangladesh have toured Pak on their own accord and currently SL were on tour despite a disapproval from the India govt, so yes there are even limitations to BCCI bullishness. Can you elaborate on why the pressure BCCI had at home for their Asia cup tour. It would have been pretty ridiculous for a country to cancel a cricket tour for security reasons when in their own country terrorist are gun trotting freely on sub ways, train stations and hotel lobbies.

Yes! BCCI can do well without a PCB vote now and hence the sudden change in stance, the money making potential of IPL has forced the ECB and CA to go to bed with BCCI thus completely eliminating the need of having an Asian Bloc stance, before that everybody knows it was Asian Bloc vs others and BCCI needed PCB support asmuch as PCB needed BCCI's support.

As for yearly scheduling of tours, again no ass saving done as much as you want to believe, that was just to cover for the FTP since Pak and India had not played for past five years and the series were highly lucrative for BCCI so it was just a case of you scratch my back and I scratch yours.

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
First of all, it's unfunny when you refer me to with that irritating name.

Secondly, you say my post is crap, yet gives no proof to establish the same.

Thirdly, please read my post carefully. I said, "who toured Pakistan most times". Bangers and Zimb toured there for the ODIs. India have toured there atleast 2 times and hosted them 2 times in the last years, full series that is, test series. So, you say India has done nothing in regards to improving Pakistan's finances + image? Blah.

haroon510

International 12th Man
I cannot believe this.

In one post you say BCCI is interfering with PCB's activities.

Next post you say BCCI must try and get other nations play in Pakistan.

Get some perspective first man. And PCB ran into financial troubles long back even before the recent cancellations started taking place. If am not terribly wrong, they were in serious trouble in 2004, and were bailed out when we toured there, the first tour of us there in ages. BCCI did what it can to increase confidence of other non-Asian nations to participate in the Champions Trophy by actively participating in the Asia Cup.

With all this, what is it getting in return? Nothing but dire stick from ungrateful guys like you. Why should BCCI care its arse to help out PCB by "making" Australia tour Pakistan? It is absolutely none of its business. Get a life dude.

first of all i never said BCCI must try and get other nations play in pakistan.. i said if they wanted.. just as they wanted england to tour india right after Mumbai terriost attack.. it isn't my fault when you can't draw perspective despite me trying to clearly explaining my position. i may have said that if BCCI wants to be a supporter of PCB.. they should try to get them afew tours..but it is the other way.. the recently cancel their tour.. so more financial crises and more control over PCB by BCCI due to financial reasons..

it seems like you you want to go back and talk about PCB and BCCI relationship before 2004 how about this.. around late 2000 and 2001 india denied playing with pakistan at any occation no mater what kind of tournment it was.. they also cancel their tour of pakistan.. don't u think that Cause PCB money and financial loss. So you r saying BCCI Bailed PCB out when they were the reason at fist when pakistan went to that financial crises.. and PCB should be thankful for it.. it is like ..hey we screwed you at first but we are bailing you out so you should be thankful for that..

Last edited:

godofcricket

State 12th Man
I completely agree with the article from cricinfo that fusion posted. I think pcb really need to understand the ground realities, they can only push a team to come and play to a certain level, if it doesn’t work out then they have to settle with something which is best for both teams i.e. neutral venue. looking at the current political scenario, the situation in Pakistan is not going to get any better in the next 3-5 years, in fact its likely to get worse(hope I am proved wrong) so they have to start looking for alternatives.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
it seems like you you want to go back and talk about PCB and BCCI relationship before 2004 how about this.. around late 2000 and 2001 india denied playing with pakistan at any occation no mater what kind of tournment it was.. they also cancel their tour of pakistan.. don't u think that Cause PCB money and financial loss. So you r saying BCCI Bailed PCB out when they were the reason at fist when pakistan went to that financial crises.. and PCB should be thankful for it.. it is like ..hey we screwed you at first but we are bailing you out so you should be thankful for that..
I understand your point of view but you cannot mix decisions based on political reasons.

Precambrian

Banned
first of all i never said BCCI must try and get other nations play in pakistan.. i said if they wanted.. just as they wanted england to tour india right after Mumbai terriost attack.. it isn't my fault when you can't draw perspective despite me trying to clearly explaining my position. i may have said that if BCCI wants to be a supporter of PCB.. they should try to get them afew tours..but it is the other way.. the recently cancel their tour.. so more financial crises and more control over PCB by BCCI due to financial reasons..

Hardly. Pakistan was in deep mire because of their internal conflicts, and Australia would not tour them.

Secondly, just as India didnt tour Pakistan, Pakistan also refused to tour India during the 90s, except for the Asian Test Championship.

BCCI had hardly any control over the issue, as it was a political decision, thanks to the Kargil infiltration etc etc.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
They could claim it, if they wanted, No one is stopping them from asking the BCCI to pay for that loss. I am sure BCCI have the Demand Draft ready.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
The only reason PCB is having financiall problem is because there is no international matches.. all those tours that have been canceled lately hurt them financilly.
Okay we get the point. But who is really responsible for those cancellations ? I hope you dont blame BCCI for the tours that were canceled by other countries.

I am not blaming BCCI for using their politics to cancel all those tours..because i can't prove that much fact.. but i can tell you this much that if BCCI wanted any series to happen in pakistan.. they would make it happen..
Two Questions :-

a. Why should BCCI force other nations to send their players to Pakistan esp when the security arrangements are not in their control ?

b. Do you read any newpaper, watch any news in any form, because If you did, you would have noticed that BCCI have always tried to persuade other countries to tour Pakistan.

BCCI could use the same politicis and power that they used to have England toured...BCCI could use its power to have Aus tour pakistan or at least they could make Champions trohphy happen in pakistan...in media and on papers BCCI showes that they are a strong supporter of PcB.. but in reality they their worst enemy..
In Reality or In your opinion ?

So which other country had its best players signed for ICL ? As far as Yousuf is concerned, the guy has NO Integrity of any kind. His Integrity start/ends with money. He has not made any sacrifice for anyone except for himself. While I respect his right to earn money whichever way he decides to, I have no respect for his character.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
BCCI is/was within its rights to play/refuse any meaningless series except if it was part of the FTP.